Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Create Your Own Reality



It may sound kind of crazy, but the truth is we can create our own reality and have the kind of life we want.  I decided I wanted to live simply and comfortably.  To have what I need and most of what I want.  I want to be happy and enjoy the simple pleasures life has to offer.  I am rich beyond measure and blessed beyond belief.

Don't like what your doing?  Do something else

It is a mindset I've adopted.  Each morning I get up and make my bed.  I enjoy a nice hot cup of coffee and spend some time by myself (sort of, usually with a cat curled up in my lap) quietly reflecting, writing, journaling, planning, thinking, dreaming, hoping and praying.  I carry a grateful and appreciative attitude and thank my God for all that I have received.  It sustains me.  And then I am ready to begin my day.


I have always wanted to live in a really nice home that is snug and warm, pretty and comfortable, clean, tidy and functional, affordable and maintainable.  So I created that.  Regardless of where I live, or what I live in, I know I will always have a home like that because I can make that my reality.


If I am ever uncomfortable, don't like something, or find something isn't working for me I change it or do something else.  I'm never stuck with something.  I don't have to just put up with anything.  I don't have to accept things I don't want to accept.  There is always a way to do things better, make things nicer, more enjoyable.  I don't have to settle.


Once I determined what was most important to me, I sought it out and I got it.  Then I moved onto the next important thing and then the next one.  Until one day I was able to look around and really see that I had created an amazing life.  And I know I will continue to do so.  Each and every day offers something new and another chance to create my reality.  What a tremendous opportunity to have.  Each and every day!


The key to creating your own reality is to have a strong belief system, in yourself and your abilities.  I pay a lot less attention to what other people say or do.  I've found the best way to do that is to smile and move on my merry little way.  Often with some head shaking and thinking to myself "what an idiot".  Ha, ha.  But seriously, some people are just cynical, negative or want to tear others down to make themselves feel better.  Others want to wallow in self pity.  I feel really sorry for those types of people because I think they are wasting their lives.  I don't have time or room in my life for that type of nonsense.  I've got stuff to do!

Always

I hope this makes some sense to you.  I just felt the need to share.  If you find yourself stuck in a rut or not happy with your current situation know you don't have to just tough it out indefinitely.  No matter what, we can change it.  We can do better, have better, be better.  That is all I wanted to say.  Have a great day!



8 comments:

  1. You are a wise woman! Our outlook can make all the difference in the world to our situation. I think being so organized helps too. I know that since I made a planner similar to yours that my outlook has seemed better because I know what to do and expect. I also added a section to it for craft projects, home projects,etc and it has helped me to see what I need to do. Having a plan (goal) is a huge step forward in creating a positive reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd hate to think how life would be without my planner! If I ever lost it I'd have to stop everything and make me another!

      Delete
  2. Love this entire post! It's something I wish I had known at 20, instead of now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had known this too when I was younger. But we know it now! :0)

      Delete
  3. This is so inspiring! Yes we can create our own reality, I didn't grow up with this concept but I have learned it as an adult that what we focus on expands and it's important to have positive affirmations and a vision of our best lives. Have you read the book The Miracle Morning?

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...