Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Quick & Easy Sausage & Cabbage



Here is a super easy dish you can prepare in about fifteen minutes.  It uses a few simple ingredients so it is pretty thrifty to prepare too.  You will need a bag of coleslaw mix and three or four smoked or polish sausages or some kielbasa.  Hotdogs would work too I think.

I spent less than $4 to make a double batch!

I had part of a leftover onion so I added that too

Slice up the sausages and then heat a little oil in a pan,  Cook the sausages until they begin to brown, toss in the coleslaw mix and stir that around and then pour about a quarter cup of Italian salad dressing or your favorite vinaigrette on top and cook it all together until the cabbage is tender.

Use whatever oil based dressing you have on hand

Surprisingly delicious!!
The first time I heard about this dish I thought it sounded really weird.  Then I made it and was pleasantly surprised.  My kids love it so whenever I make it I double it so we have leftovers.  To make it even thriftier you could shred your own cabbage and grate a carrot.  You could even add cooked diced potatoes.  I like to slice up some onion to go in ours.  Tons of variations to consider.



6 comments:

  1. Yummy! I make a similar dish with andouille sausage, cabbage, onion, garlic and Rotel (any canned tomatoes will do) and serve it with mashed potatoes. I'm gonna try it with the bagged coleslaw next time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these easy meals,with five kiddoes and not a lot of time they surely do help.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...