Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Food Management - Cut The Crap



The best decision I have made so far is to cut out the crap we used to buy.  Now I'm not going to say I've managed to cut out all of it because that would be a lie, but I have cut out most of it.  I am comfortable saying that 95% of what I now buy is good and only 5% is still crap.  And we can only improve.


The majority of what I buy at the grocery store is pretty much whole foods.  Meats, fruits and vegetables, oils, nuts, butter, cheese, cream cheese, cream, sour cream, some yogurt with pretty clean ingredients and cottage cheese.  Even a lot of the carbs I do buy regularly are single ingredient carbs like rice and potatoes.  I have a teenage daughter that is working on better eating practices buy there are a few items she does like that I continue to buy such as bread, tortilla chips, tortillas and pasta.  I do check the ingredients on these things and try to make good choices with these purchases as well.  We've swapped regular tortillas for low carb healthier options and I read the bread labels.  Recently I found Keto bread for myself and I have to say, I'm rather impressed with it.


Pasta remains one of the items with my least favorite ingredients listed in it and recently my daughter decided to dramatically reduce her consumption of pasta.  This is a HUGE step for her because this girl loves her noodles.  However, she doesn't like how she feels after eating pasta and how it affects her so we are going to be eating other pasta options like zoodles, spaghetti squash and mung bean noodles.


Eating cleaner healthier food options is not only good for our bodies, but very good for our wallets as well.  As a mama with two growing teenagers I've been keeping this family well fed on a very minimal budget.  I've shared my monthly shopping lists and totals with you for years so I have more than proven healthy eating can be done and done well on a budget.


The greatest impact you can make on your life is to properly feed your body.  If you want to improve on your food management, your health and your financial health then cut the crap.  It's that easy.


2 comments:

  1. It is great a young person not only realizes how her food makes her feel and is willing to make a change to feel better and be healthier.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...