Monday, March 2, 2020

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Sunday was a nice day.  I spotted my first tulip poking up through the ground which excited me and gave me hope that warmer temperatures are straight ahead.  I am more than ready to let go of winter and get into spring.  We did have a few nice days last week peppered with rain and wind, but overall not a bad way to end the month of February.

Our Sunday dinner of roasted veggies & cheeseburgers

Sunday we stayed home and really enjoyed our house and some much needed downtime to recharge our batteries.  I puttered about the house a little bit, cooked a great supper and made a wonderful dessert to celebrate me doing Keto for two years.  Hard to believe it has already been two years and amazing that I have been able to keep it up too.  I'm super proud of myself and so grateful that I've been able to make this work for me.  It has been a great journey so far and I will definitely continue with my healthy Keto lifestyle.

I made the girls some roasted potatoes to go with their burgers

I cleared out the crisper drawer in our refrigerator, chopping up all the leftover veggies I had in there.  I was able to fill up one of my big Pyrex baking pans with quite the assortment of veggies which I seasoned and tossed with some Avocado oil.  It made for a delicious pan of roasted vegetables and we had that to eat with our meals most of the week.

Right now we have a four week hiatus from dance practices and performances and as you can imagine I am absolutely thrilled about it.  It has been a lot of work getting up so early to take her to practice each morning and attending all of the performances and competitions as well getting her to all of the football and basketball games and then pick her up.  I do believe I've earned a break.  And some time to myself.

I made a lot of quick & simple meals last week

It was really nice to just get up and go to work and then come home afterward with nothing pressing.  My daughter was able to work on homework and I was able to relax each evening after a busy day at work.  I worked a few more hours of overtime as well.

I found this small casserole and itty bitty pie plate

By the time Saturday rolled around I was ready to get busy and work on something.  I slept in until a little after 7:00, got up and dressed for the day.  By 8"30 I was headed out to do some thrift store shopping.  I was looking for treasures and I found a few.  One of the treasures I found is a vintage casserole dish in the hard to find smaller size.  I found the lid at one thrift store and the bottom at another.  I also found a smaller pie plate to replace the one I broke several years ago which made me pretty happy.  Both the casserole and the pie plate are the perfect size to fit inside a toaster oven or use in a small microwave.  They would be pretty handy.

Perfect size to fit in a toaster oven

I found a few items to resell on eBay while I was out thrifting.  I sold some of the items I had listed on eBay the week before and relisted those that haven't sold yet.  Then I listed several more items for sale on eBay and am hopeful they sell.  I've made some pretty decent money so far and will make sure those funds are used wisely.

I round these cute ramekins to resell

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors.  Wiped down washer & dryer.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor.

Kitchen -  vacuumed & mopped the floor, cleaned under the kitchen sink, wiped down appliances.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - one load of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry, cleaned mirror.  Swept front porch.  Raked the yard.

How was your thrifty week?


8 comments:

  1. Oh those glass dishes are nice! Great find.

    My thrifty moves were using up leftovers last week. I made Shepherd's pie from the leftover roast beef one night. It fed my son and I that evening, plus I had two more meals out of it. I also used some leftover chicken and rice to make soup. Sometimes I like the second dish I make better than the first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job! I sometimes like the second dish better too. :)

      Delete
  2. I personally would love it if you would do just a simple lesson on Ebay. I have used Ebay as a buyer, but the selling I found challenging. How do you not run to the post office constantly when you get a sale? And now that Ebay collects sales tax on your behalf to do need a Sales Tax number/certificate from your state? These are some of the things that I just don't know....Lilli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally don't worry about the sales tax I spend so I don't claim exempt status and I don't need a certificate since eBay files all the returns. I will see what I can come up with to post about my own sales experiences, but in the meantime check out Youtube. Tons of videos on there about it. I list all my auctions to run Sunday through Sunday and go to the post office on Monday. Fortunately I drive by the post office on my way to work. Also, if you use priority mail you can order it picked up at your doorstep.

      Delete
  3. It is a heady experience to find parts at different stores or yard sales!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The veggies look delicious!
    A couple questions on cooking these:
    What seasonings do you use and do you use any other oil?
    What is the cooking time and temperature?
    Thanks - want to try some of these soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use olive oil or avocado oil. Seasonings I switch up. Seasoning salt is a good option or Mrs. Dash. Salt, pepper & garlic powder is nice too. I roast at 400 about 45 minutes for a big pan of veggies, stirring after 30 mins. Just watch them after that so they don't burn. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...