Thursday, March 26, 2020

Simple Christmas 2020 - Update #2



In the last month I confess I haven't done much in the way of Christmas preparations.  I made one gift and I did tuck another $10 bill into my savings envelope so I will count that as progress.  My focus however has definitely been on other things.  And that is okay.  We have a lot of time to get things done so I am not worried about it one bit.


As I've already mentioned a lot of what I will be giving this year will be food gifts.  None of that will need to be made anytime soon.  I've got all the wrapping paper, gift tags, bows, etc. that we need in our gift wrap organizer.  My Christmas cards are pretty much completed and ready to be finished up when the time comes.  And I've updated my gift list quite a bit so I have plenty of gift ideas for my girls.


If anyone has any great gift ideas they would like to share I'd love to hear about them.  Tell me what you've done so far to get ready for Christmas.



8 comments:

  1. I purchased a few things at the Rite Aid 75% off post Christmas sale. I have added a few gift gards to my gift giving stash--one set purchased to receive Bonus Cash at Rite Aid, another to get the 4x's fuel point at our Kroger owned grocery store. You know, other than one year when I ran to the craft store (in March, I think it was) to get a wildly marked down set of top quality alcohol markers for DD, I can't remember going out to do actual "Christmas shopping."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fantastic Meg. I'm not big on "Christmas Shopping" myself.

      Delete
  2. One thing I think I can count on this year is that my extended family members will finally agree to the "gift giving for under 18 year olds only." No one will have money this year, so it should finally work, although I wish it was under better circumstances. Also, I'll continue to give food gifts.

    Take care,
    D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are right. It is really the only way to go in my opinion. Food gifts are the best anyway! :)

      Delete
  3. I had big ideas for the year but the current circumstances have made it hard to think about. Most of my ideas involve a bit of planning and some sewing so honestly I can do that, even now. I am working from home but some sewing when I am waiting to reconnect to the network isn't a bad idea. Keeping hands busy is good, keeps brain busy too. Maybe I will brainstorm this weekend. I really don't want to start new projects unless it is something small. My oldest daughter always wants new quilts because she is so cold natured. When I come up with a plan I will share it. I think the shared support is good, especially right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more Candace. I'd love to hear what you come up with. I'll put my thinking cap on as well. I need a project go focus my attention on right now.

      Delete
  4. Last year we did a bag of ingredients to make my son's favorite Cheesy Ranch Bacon Bread with the recipe card, ranch seasoning, pack of bacon pieces which I got on sale for free and then homemade ornaments and a homemade calendar with pictures of my son over the last year. I need to come up with something fun for this year and I saw coasters from leftover wood which we have already so I might try those. Homemade is always best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some wonderful ideas! That bread sounds heavenly! :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...