Wednesday, September 29, 2021

September $100 Grocery Budget 2021

 


To me the month of September flew right on by.  August had allowed me to do some really good stocking up so in September we really didn't much at all.  I had a few items on my list to stock up on for winter and I was able to add those items to our freezer and pantry at really good prices so that made me quite happy.  Even though I began the month with a slight deficit I was able to come in just under budget (with $1.64 to spare) and still managed to get everything we needed and wanted for the month.  My $25 nonfood budget came in far under budget as well.  I added four boxes of facial tissues on sale for $1 each and a 22# bag of kitty food for $15.49.

 


I was super careful with my spending this month to make each and every penny count and I think I did that rather well.  Our shelves are full, our chest freezer too and we've had plenty of delicious and healthy meals this past month.  Going into October I'll be able to relax a bit and not feel the pressure to get ready for winter and the upcoming holidays.  I think we've pretty much got that all handled.

 


How are you doing with your grocery shopping lately.  Are the rising prices and shortages giving you any grief?  Is there anything you wanted in particular and haven't been able to get?

 

4 comments:

  1. You always do such a fantastic job of keeping your grocery spending in check. I have been shopping loss leaders that we will actually use, but I will still come in overbudget. Not by too much, but still over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a struggle to maintain that budget these days with the rising prices. The loss leader purchases will help in the long run though.

      Delete
    2. Hi, a few weeks ago, I bought some of your cards from your Etsy store. They are beautifully done! Thank you! Also really enjoy your blog, just don’t comment much. When is your time at Mayo?

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad you like them. Thank you again for your purchase and for your kind comments. Mayo Clinic is coming up in the next month.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...