Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Sunday began with a huge surprise from my girls.  The needed my help to pick up and deliver an early birthday present they had bought me so I was up, showered, had my coffee drank and was where I needed to be at 9:00 am to pick up a gorgeous Lazy Boy recliner.  I had found one on Facebook Marketplace that I was interested in getting to replace mine that was worn out and no longer comfortable.  Because I have just returned to working full time I am really hesitant to buy anything right now.  Unbeknownst to me my oldest daughter contacted the seller, checked it out, negotiated a price and made the purchase.  The girls just needed someone with a truck to help them get it home.  We picked it up and it is truly lovely, in great condition and extremely comfortable.  We listed my old recliner for FREE on Facebook Marketplace, set it in front of our garage and it was gone within a couple of hours.  That made me happy too.

 

My greatest blessings! 😍

The last week was a weird one for me.  Tuesday I went in to the doctor because my right ear was bugging me and felt like I might be getting an ear infection and I wasn't feeling well.  At that appointment she discovered my blood pressure was sky high and my heartbeat was erratic so she sent me to the ER (ugh, not again!).  My heart was acting up but I was not in danger of another heart attack so they let me go home.  The issue with my ear remains elusive and now they want me checked for other issues.  I told them I'm headed to the Mayo Clinic soon and I'd rather have it checked out there and they agreed.

 


The thing with my ear is so strange and made me feel really ill for about four days and then began to subside.  There are a lot of other weird things going on along with it.  It is so very odd.  I told the ER doctor I just need to get by until I can get myself to Rochester, MN and he felt I would be fine until then.  Thankfully.  My actual birthday was Thursday.  I tried going to work but knew an hour in that wasn't going to work out too well so I gave up and headed home.  I spent the day resting and watching TV.  Friday was much better and I knew I had a three day weekend ahead of me so that was encouragement enough.

 

More amazing blessings

Saturday morning I awoke to an inbox filled with Etsy order confirmations, which I was absolutely thrilled about.  So grateful and blessed to have those orders coming in.  I got those all packaged up, labeled and ready to go to the post office on Tuesday morning.  Then my daughter took me to the grocery store to pick up a few groceries I wanted to get that were on sale.  I stocked up on five packages of our favorite sausages and got those into the chest freezer in our garage.  I also picked up quite a bit of fresh produce that was in the markdown bin.

 


We finally got to have my birthday dinner that evening.  I sautéed some squash and the youngest and I shared a New York strip steak.  It was very Keto and very delicious.  The rest of our evening we spent watching a couple TV shows and called it a day.

 

I stocked up on butter $1.88 a pound

THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Taco soup, pesto pasta, pan seared steak (keto) & sautéed squash (keto), grilled cheese sandwich, pork verde (keto).

 

A small haul from Fred Meyer and Cash & Carry

THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Washed bathroom rug, vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room - Vacuumed & spot mopped floors, washed chair covers.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Washed bathroom rug, vacuumed & dusted, mopped bathroom floor.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - two large loads of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways.

 

I stocked up on these sausages $2.97 per package

THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  We did not use our A/C units, I washed out a Ziploc bag to reuse.  We ate our leftovers and I made mindful purchases at the grocery store.  I downloaded a few digital coupons to my grocery store rewards card.

 


THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I sold some eggs to a friend.  I had A LOT of Etsy orders last week.  Thank you so much to each of you who made purchases.  I feel so very blessed and grateful.

 

Pork verde & spanish rice

How was your thrifty week?

 

14 comments:

  1. Your girls are precious! What a beautiful new chair! Happy Belated birthday! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Love reading about how your daughters helped to celebrate your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're going to the Mayo Clinic - the sooner the better. You take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chair is awesome! What wonderful daughters you have; you are truly blessed. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chair! You are blessed with lovely daughters. Hope

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice chair! Happy Birthday, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chair. I am searching for a Lazyboy or some kind of recliner. Funny, I have heart problems and something is wrong with my left ear. It does feel strange and hurts. Good luck at Mayo. My birthday is Sept 11. What date is yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is the 2nd. Happy Birthday tomorrow. That was my grandma's birth date, the 11th.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...