Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Mission – My Bathroom

The bathroom wasn’t too bad.  The only thorn in my side was the packing box full of toiletries I had shoved under the sink.  Instead of unpacking it from our intended move I just put it there -out of sight, out of mind.  It made it really hard to get to anything inside of it.

Before

After

Extra toiletries, bandaids, vitamins, etc. in
a shoebox sized container with lid.

I got the box out plus took out everything else under there, wiped out the cabinet and then neatly put everything back in the cupboard minus the box.  It is now unpacked and being used to hold purged items. 

Because I had purged this bathroom in preparation of moving there wasn’t anything more to purge.  I did, however, replace my toothbrush and razor with new ones and set out a new bar of soap.  True to form I laminated the sliver of leftover soap to the new bar when I took my next shower.  No wasting soap in this house. 
 

What I did purge was my collection of earrings I do not wear.  I use a pillar candle holder to hang all my earrings on.  My rings and the few post earrings I wear sit in the dish while all the fish hook earrings hang along the edge.  I just love it.  Decorative and functional.
 

I have a cabinet in the hall that we keep our towels and wash cloths in so I went ahead and made sure it was all neat and tidy too.  I cleared the clutter off the top and dusted it as well.  I am one of those ridiculous people that has to have all the folded linens facing in the same direction.  I just think it looks neater. 


After scrubbing the tub and toilet, cleaning the sink and countertop, washing the mirror and wiping off the scale (hate that thing) all that was left was to mop the floor.  Done.  Mission accomplished! 
 
We have a rule do keep down clutter in the shower.
If it doesn't fit on the caddy then it can't stay.

A neatly organized bathroom is so much easier to clean and maintain.  More enjoyable too.

Next, the downstairs hall closet…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...