Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Mission – My Bedroom


I completely went through my bedroom – closet, shelves and everything on them, linens, dresser drawers, night stand, etc.  I discovered my poor room had become the dumping ground for things needing to be put away.  I don’t like that. 

A friend of mine had given me a bunch of work slacks that she had put in her yard sale last summer.  They had been sitting there in a heap ever since.  I went through all of them and kept what I wanted and bagged the rest for donation.  Then it was time to go through and add clothing I no longer like or wear anymore.  Since I had already done this not too long ago this task was pretty easy. 

Moving on – after I had gone through everything in my room I had a huge pile of stuff that actually belonged downstairs in other rooms so down it went.  What a lot of wasted effort to haul it all upstairs to begin with. 

In my linen closet I had two guest pillows that I have wanted to make pillowcases for and put out in the trailer for the girls.  Then they won’t have to take the ones off their beds and risk forgetting to do so, which has happened, more than once.  When we have company it won’t be a big deal to go out to the trailer to get them when they are needed. 

I purged a box of books, organized the gift wrap tote (on my 30 Things To Do This Month list) and the gift box, and put all that stuff away that belonged in other places.  After a good dusting and vacuuming this room was good to go.  Mission accomplished! 

Next room, my bathroom…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...