Friday, October 12, 2012

In About An Hour I …

The other day I had about an hour to kill before I headed off to work.  Not to let a perfectly good hour go unpunished I decided to make good use of it.  I grabbed a big bowl of ripe tomatoes I had from the garden, diced them up and stewed them with a ¼ cup of water on the stove for about 20 minutes.
 


While the tomatoes did their thing on the stove I grabbed the cheese grater and made quick work of the pile of zucchini I had accumulated on the counter.  I measured the grated zucchini in 2 cup increments, because that is what most of my recipes call for, and placed it into sandwich size zipper bags, labeled with the date and voile!  Six bags of grated zucchini ready for the freezer.



I cleaned up the kitchen while the tomatoes cooled and then I got them into freezer containers and labeled those.  Into the freezer went three containers of tomatoes to add to future soups, sauces and other recipes.



I still had time to spare.  Amazing what you can do in a short span of time isn’t it?

 

2 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...