Monday, October 22, 2012

The Stove Is Fixed!


The stove is finally fixed and we now have a working oven once again.  I cannot tell you how thrilled and relieved I am.  Thrilled may be an understatement; ecstatic would be more like it. 

I had challenged myself to earn the extra money to buy the part so I wouldn’t have to add it to my budget, use money from savings or put it on the credit card.  With Etsy and eBay sales so soft this summer I was beginning to wonder if this was really going to work.  I was able to earn half with my internet sales and the rest by doing some work for my next door neighbor. 

I ordered the part last week and guess what?  The price had dropped $10!  Whoo hoo!  A little bonus for waiting.  It arrived in two days and I immediately got to work. 

I disassembled the back of the stove (yes, I pulled the big plug first) and put it in using the broken one as my guide for where to plug everything back in.  Then when I went to put the new part back into the stove I couldn’t find the screws.  Where in the heck were the screws?  I had them right there! 

Youngest daughter was helping me.  They were in her hot little hand and she was in another room.  Once she heard me in near panic she quickly returned to “help me”.  I just love her!!! 

I only put in the first two screws and then I plugged in the stove to test everything.  The moment of truth…. 

The clock was flashing 12:00.  That was something. 

I checked the burners, they all came on.  I set the clock, checked the timer – it worked and then….. I put the knob back on the oven control and turned….. waiting, waiting, the element started to glow….Eureka! 

I did the happy dance and them unplugged the oven, put the rest of the screws in the motherboard and reassembled the back of the stove.  Then, of course, I had to completely clean the stove and floor underneath before I pushed it back into place.  It looks gooood, like new! 

I celebrated by baking two dozen cupcakes for the Harvest Dance at school and I can tell you that LIFE IS GOOD!  I know I made the right decision to fix it rather than replace it and I’m pretty proud that I did it myself. 
 
Sunday morning cinnamon rolls

Now I can add stove fixer to my resume. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...