Thursday, December 29, 2011

Extreme Cheapskates – TLC

My daughters and I sat down last night to watch Extreme Cheapskates on TLC.  I have resorted to some pretty extreme measures to save money and try to make it to my next paycheck when times were really tough.  But, after watching this program I am pretty confident they won’t be making a show about me. 

My girls and I certainly found the show entertaining but they don’t think I should plan on serving goat heads for supper anytime soon.  I assured them I wouldn’t, especially since at $7.50 (acquired from scrounging loose change all day – clever!) I think he grossly (heavy on the gross) overpaid for them.  For $7.50 or less I’m sure I could have put on an entire meal, one is wife would have enjoyed eating as well. 

One tip I did pick up from the show was that the goat head gourmet and his wife go on what he likes to call a “fiscal fast” where for one entire week they spend $0.  I think that is a great idea and thought I might try that, however after some thought I realized I already do that as a matter of course.  I don’t always have to spend money all the time and often don’t. 

So after viewing the program I will still continue to buy toilet paper, most likely won’t dumpster dive for anniversary gifts, won’t serve my kids and the neighbor’s kids really expired food or ask other restaurant patrons for the leftover food on their plates.  Instead I think I’ll stick to my current plan. 

Have you ever resorted to extreme measures?  Is so please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...