When Santa comes to our house on Christmas Eve he fills the children’s stockings and leaves a family gift. In recent years our family gift has been given a DVD for Family Movie Nite or a game to play on Family Game Nite.
When it comes to the stockings Santa’s practical and thrifty nature are evident in the items he chooses to fill them with. I very much appreciate his thoughtfulness in the useful items he has brought my children in the past:
- A brand new toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste (every year)
- Hair brush, comb or hair accessories
- Bracelets, necklaces, beads, etc.
- Shower gel, lotion, shampoo, etc.
- Lip balm, nail polish, nail “jewelry”
- A book, comic book or magazine
- Sugar free gum and a little bit of candy (must be why there is a toothbrush)
- Fruit (usually oranges)
- Gloves, hats, ear muffs and scarves
- Socks or underwear
- Pens, pencils, markers or crayons
- Notepads, post-it notes or tablets
- Wild shoelaces
- Lottery or scratch tickets
Simple little treasures that make the stockings the best part of opening gifts on Christmas morning. Santa sure has some great ideas. What kinds of things has he put in stockings at your house?