Thursday, December 22, 2011

Monthly Meal Planner - January

Over the weekend I posted our monthly meal plan on the side of our refrigerator giving our family a glimpse into their culinary future.  I thought I would go ahead and share it with you as a source of inspiration, if nothing else.  I enjoy checking out other’s meal plans to give me ideas too. 

I rely heavily on the use of leftovers and I do this for two reasons.  The first, and most important, is to stretch our grocery budget and eliminate as much food waste as possible.  The second is to save time and keep me from having to cook a new meal every single day. 

Here is a list of what we will be enjoying next month: 

·         Homemade Asian Food – pot stickers, egg rolls, fried rice, snow peas
·         Turkey Noodle Soup – that Thanksgiving turkey just keeps on giving
·         Hamburger Mushroom Gravy & Rice – a meal from back when my son was very young and times were tough.  My family still loves it and isn’t ready to give it up yet.
·         Homemade Pepperoni Pizza
·         Chicken Enchilada
·         Sweet & Sour Pork
·         Grilled Cheese Sandwiches & Asparagus Soup
·         Cheese Omelets
·         Lemon Chicken & Rice Pilaf
·         Fajitas
·         Chili Mac – another kid pleaser
·         Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche
·         Roasted Chicken
·         Breakfast for Dinner – scrambled eggs, biscuits & homemade jam
·         Spanish Rice Casserole
·         Pasta Alfredo
·         Tater Tot Casserole
·         Roast Turkey – again that turkey… with stuffing & gravy, green beans

With the exception of some dairy items and fresh produce I already have everything I need on hand.  I’ll be posting some of the recipes later on.  It all sounds pretty good to me.  What are you having?

2 comments:

  1. I have a confession....I am reading through your archives because I'm really trying to get better at cooking/budgeting and I always learn so much here. Anyway, this little menu is THE cutest!! Haha! Reminds me of a real school lunch menu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were so much fun to do and hang on the fridge. I loved making these. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...