Saturday, December 3, 2011

Knitting Looms

If you happen to be somewhat crafty or have someone crafty on your gift list you might want to consider knitting looms.  I love knitting looms because they make for really quick projects and almost anyone can do this.

Looms come in a variety of shapes and sizes to make hats, scarves, afghans, baby blankets, sweaters, ponchos, shawls, bags and purses, even socks.  There are books available with easy to follow instructions.  You can also save the expense of the books and find project instructions online for free.  Check out knittingpatterncentral.com.

I am not a great knitter at all.  I struggle reading patterns and lack the patience to sit and figure them out so something straight forward and easy works better for me.  And because looming projects go fast I can complete my projects quickly which really works well with a busy schedule. 

We have a set of round looms and a set of the rectangle looms.  Between us three girls there are plenty of them for each of us to work on a project at the same time. 

You can find Looms at WalMart, JoAnn Fabrics (in store or online), eBay, Amazon.com just to name a few places.  I’ve found them online at eBay for a variety of prices but I usually can pick up a set for around $10 - $15.  If you could fine them at a thrift store I imagine they would be even less. 

One of my favorite projects is to make a hat and matching scarf in the recipients favorite sports team colors.  I can usually finish the hat in one evening and the scarf in another. 

If you have never tried looming and have always wanted to knit give it a try.  It is fun, simple and you can knock out a bunch of really neat gifts in a couple of evenings. 

Gift Idea:  Set of looms, 2 skeins of yarn, project instructions printed off the internet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...