Thursday, July 5, 2012

Coupons


I do clip coupons and I use them, but in the grand scheme of things, I really don’t use them that much.  I use store coupons in the their ads all the time but when it comes to the regular coupons in the Sunday circular I am pretty selective about which ones I clip.  I am no “extreme coupon-er” by any means. 

The coupons I use the most are for non-food items I normally buy.  Shampoo, deodorant, cat food and cat litter, dish soap, body wash, etc.  That is where I find the most savings with coupons. 

When it comes to food I probably use less than six in any given month and quite often I don’t use any.  I make so many things from scratch and find a lot of store brand items that work quite nicely and save me a ton over national brands even with a coupon.  

Since I started canning again I have cut down considerably on the canned fruit purchases.  Same with jam, jelly and syrup.  I no longer buy yogurt either, because I make my own and it is soooo much better than store bought! 

I love to pair coupons with sales items and markdowns.  That is where I get the greatest savings in using coupons. 

In reality I probably only use half the coupons I actually clip.   I leave the a lot of them in the store next to an item for someone else to use.  I love doing that and I love when someone else does it and I can use the coupon.  What remains, ends up in the recycle bin. 

The three online coupon resources I go to are Smart Source, Coupons.com and Red Plum. 

Do you use a lot of coupons?  What are some of the tricks you use to save money with coupons?

You might also enjoy revisiting 10 Ways To Save On Your Grocery Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...