Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer Vacation – Week 8


Monday – much, much cooler today.  We spent most of the morning outdoors enjoying our yard and garden.  The chicks too, of course!  The girls and I had lunch on the deck and they ran through the sprinklers afterward.  I sewed again and before we knew it, it was time for dinner.  I baked two loaves of bread, trying a new recipe, after supper and it was delicious.  We had bread and butter for dessert. J  Not a bad day. 

Tuesday – another beautiful day today.  I spent the morning with the girls and our chicks.  It amazes me how a chicken will snuggle and how they seem to know which one of us they belong too.  The girls and I took a nice bike ride and went to the park and ate lunch.  It was nice to be back on our bikes again.  The heat has been keeping us off of them lately.  We went to a friend’s for a visit and them home to sew skirts for school.  Cute corduroy skirts with the fat cord.  They love them.  Another great day! 

Wednesday – the chicks spent their first night in the coop.  Up until now we have been bringing them in at night.  They seemed to do just fine.  I’m not sure why I was worried.  We spent the day getting caught up on household chores, yard chores and laundry.  I discovered the celery and an onion had frozen in the refrigerator.  I salvaged most of it and put some turkey wings on with celery, onion and carrot in the slow cooker for broth.  Sure did make the house smell good.  I still have enough veggies and a big old turkey leg in the freezer to do one more batch. 


Thursday – we got up early, packed a picnic and spent the day with my parents antiquing.  It was a lot of fun.  We stopped at a park and ate lunch under a huge shade tree and because it was hot out no one else was at the park.  Under that big tree we were perfectly comfortable.  We finished off the day with a trip to Costco.  I haven’t been inside a Costco in years.  I kind of miss it, sort of.  I picked up flour, sugar, baking cocoa, chocolate chips and onions as part of my stock up for winter purchases (started August grocery shopping a few days early).  100° today and my allergies are running amuck. 

Friday – our day started out with watering the yard and garden, bottling our latest batch of homebrew, finding homes for all the stock-up items I purchased yesterday, and washing my latest treasures found at the antique stores we visited yesterday.  I refilled all my canisters with flour and sugar, refilled my bottle of cooking oil (50/50 canola & olive oil) and reorganized my spice cabinet and pantry.  We got a batch of turkey broth started in the slow cooker and then we were ready to get to the fun stuff. 


First it was a “Field Trip” to the Boise Depot and Platt Garden then to the State Capitol building where we were allowed full access to the House and Senate Chambers.  It was so nice to see it after its interior refurbishing, that seemed to take forever.  She sure is a beauty now.  We took lots of pictures.  After a quick snack we headed to a thrift store and the antique store we didn’t have time to go to yesterday.  We decided after that we have had enough antiquing for awhile.  On the way home we stopped at the carwash to wash and vacuum the interior of the car.  It was nice to have the girl’s help with this. 

We came home and were greeted with the aroma of turkey broth simmering in the slow cooker and a nice cool house to relax in.  Another 100° day today!  I’m not complaining.  I love summer!


2 comments:

  1. My parents live in Boise,and I have moved to texas since I was 19. I love the old train depot. Its beautiful there. Sounds like youre having a great summer,with fun,and productivity. Thanks for sharing.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really pretty and the koi are huge! So much to do and not enough time to do it all I'm afraid. Have a great weekend Christina!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...