Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer Vacation – Week 5


Monday – the peeps are two weeks old today.  They have doubled in size and are getting a lot of feathers.  We are enjoying them so much.  After breakfast we made a trip to the library to pick out new books and turn in another summer reading program voucher.  Then we headed home and we spent the rest of the day puttering around the yard and garden and hanging out with the peeps.  They are so much fun to watch. 

Tuesday – our day started out with a little housework and then I taught the girls how to make homemade yogurt.  I typed up the recipe and directions for my mother and then we moved on to making a batch of salsa and canning that.  While the jars processed we hung a load of laundry out to dry and ate our lunch on the newly refinished deck.  We are enjoying our deck so much. 

A trip to Target armed with a couple of coupons and gift cards netted us plenty of back-to-school undies and socks, a 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper (haven’t had one of those in years!), and cat treats.  Out of pocket spent $0!!  On the way home we stopped at Walmart and I used my $3 coupon and bought two sets of pint jars and a half gallon glass refrigerator pitcher to make iced tea and lemonade in.  We got home and printed off labels for our salsa jars and got those put away and the yogurt in the refrigerator.  Before I knew it I was fixing dinner, later than usual too.  This day went fast!!! 

Wednesday – spent most of the day with the parents and then got home in time to grab our bikes and peddle to our favorite spot on the hill to watch the city’s fireworks display.  Great day! 

Thursday – after a late night and while the girls slept in I got busy bright and early and cleaned and re-organized my home office.  Then I got the bills all paid for the month, always a great feeling, and did some home administrative type tasks before I tidied up the living room and dining room.  Next it was time to head outside for fresh air and some manual labor.  My mother gave me a dozen strawberry starts for my new strawberry bed yesterday so I was anxious to plant them and then fertilize the garden.  My parents stopped by to meet the chicks and check out their new digs.  They stayed for lunch. 

After such a busy morning we spent the remainder of the afternoon doing pretty much whatever we felt like which wasn’t much.  My oldest and I did clean out the brooder and feeders and I helped her make the chicks a "juvenile roost".  So far they aren’t quite sure what to do with it but they’ll figure it out. 

Friday – Friday already!  The girls and I spent the day with my girlfriends playing pinochle and eating way too much.  We get together about once a month to do this.  The girls play games and do crafts while the ladies play cards.  I made a peach crisp to take along.  Such fun and great fellowship! 

Hope your week was as fantastic as ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...