Monday, August 11, 2014

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


I completely went through my freezer to the very bottom to see exactly what we had.  I pulled out a partial bag of hot dog buns and a loaf of banana bread.  The girls used the banana bread for their breakfasts.

I went to dinner with one of my girlfriends Monday night.  We usually go to Sizzler (it's our hangout) and have the salad bar so it didn't cost too much.  Plus I'm not much of a soda drinker and I always drink water so I didn’t have to shell out the extra for a beverage.

I was able to buy a used tire at the tire store to replace the one that blew out on us last summer.  Now our RV has all her shoes in good shape.  They only charged me $25 for the tire and mounted it free and disposed of the old one for free.  I love Les Schwab Tire Center.

Tuesday the girls babysat for a neighbor so I didn't have to cook supper.  I made myself a salad and called it good.

I bought gas this week and used my rewards card to save 10¢ a gallon.  Still it was over $40!

My oldest made a Wacky Cake so we could try it out and use up some leftover frosting in the refrigerator.  That cake was wonderful!

My grocery shopping this week included one dozen eggs, lettuce, cabbage, a loaf of bread and a package of tortillas.

I used a $1 coupon to buy a 16 pound bag of cat food that was on sale.  My final price was $8.99.

We watched Ever After: A Cinderella Story and enjoyed a family movie night on Friday.  I streamed the movie online from Amazon.

Pantry challenge meals we made last week included pork chops with pesto orzo and canned green beans, hot dogs using up a partial package of buns from the freezer and the wieners were already in the fridge.  I used leftover taco meat to top a salad for the one lone diner on Tuesday.  Wednesday I cooked some rice and made a big veggie and chicken stir fry.  There was more than enough left for lunches.  I thawed out taco soup from the freezer to eat for lunches too.  Thursday night we had breakfast burritos - scrambled eggs, cheese, salsa wrapped in a tortilla.  Friday we ate leftover stir fry for supper.  Saturday we used up the last of the hamburger buns and cooked up the last of the hamburger patties.  We also baked some frozen steak fries to go with our burgers. 

How was your thrifty week last week?


2 comments:

  1. This week I saved on stuff we needed, matching coupons and sales:
    - toothpaste
    - shampoo
    - notebooks
    - cat litter
    - dog food
    - soap
    - deodorant
    I was really proud of the percentages I saved - over 50% on some!

    -molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Molly that is great savings. I love how much I can save with coupons especially when I use them on something that is already on sale. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...