Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Krab Salad - An Oldie, But A Goodie


Here is a recipe I used to make quite a bit back in the late 80s.  It is easy, tasty and fairly thrifty too.  Looks nice too.  I remember thinking, at the time, it was rather fancy so I would make it for company when they came for lunch.

Krab Salad

1 pkg. coleslaw mix
3 green onions, sliced
3 - 5 radishes, halved & thinly sliced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 pkg. Krab-flaked imitation crab meat
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup mayonnaise

In a large mixing bowl combine coleslaw mix, onions, radishes, celery and crab.  In a small bowl whisk together dressing and mayonnaise.  Pour over salad and toss well to coat.  Chill one hour.  Serves 8.

I like to add a healthy dose of cracked black pepper to mine.  It makes a lot of salad and would be a great option to bring on a picnic, camping or to a summer barbecue.  You could use real crab to, of course.

If I remember correctly, I think the recipe was on the back of the package of "crab".  Do you any of you remember this salad?



4 comments:

  1. Yum! I never had that kind of crab salad but boy does it sound and look delicious! Another one to try here soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of year we eat a lot of salads. I hope you like it.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love crab salad but have never made any; I can definitely do this. I love eating the crab from the package with sliced pears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oldest can plow through a package of crab like nobody's business. She loves it.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...