Friday, July 21, 2017

What's With All The Haters?


I don't know how much time you spend on Facebook or Youtube, but have you ever noticed the some of the comments people will leave?  Downright mean.  And not just a snide comment here or there, but tear you down, chew you up and spit you out.  What inspires people to want to post nasty comments on a public forum like that?

I used to follow the Food Network 's page on Facebook.  I'm always looking for meal ideas and while I no longer have access to that channel since we gave up satellite I thought this would be an excellent alternative.  But the onslaught of hateful comments made it so unpleasant, despite my best efforts to ignore them, that I decided to unsubscribe.  Sad, really.


But the people that rip into bloggers and vloggers really bothers me the most.  I know how hard it can be to put yourself out there in the first place and how much work goes into posting blogs.  And I'd imagine video blogs are ten times that much work plus the vlogger has the expense of cameras and drones and editing software.

So for someone to rip apart and demean someone else after that much effort and hard work really floors me.  Why?  Are you truly that miserable and insensitive?  And there are a lot of them out there posting these cruel remarks.


I'm a firm believer in that if you have nothing nice to say, then keep your mouth shut.  If you can't be positive, then go away.  If you don't like someone's content then don't read or view it and move on.  And if you disagree, it is okay to keep your opinions to yourself.

When did kindness and courtesy become the exception and not the norm?  Don't even get me started on good manners and class.


P.S.  I love my readers.  They are positively the nicest, classiest, well mannered, kind people out there.  Thank you!



14 comments:

  1. *I* appreciate the time you spend on your blog. If I'm going to take the time to comment, I want it to be positive!

    I currently have blue sparkly fingernails. For no other reason than it's fun. Have your daughter's mani/pedis been fun and creative lately?

    - Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly! Right now I have purple toenails with white hibiscus flowers on my big toes. I'm so lucky!

      Delete
  2. Know what you mean...

    http://cindybrick.blogspot.com/2017/07/r-e-s-p-e-c-t.html

    Thank you for continuing to post cheerfully, even when I can tell you're struggling. It's not us -- you're the one that's a real encouragement.

    P.S. Don't forget the recipe for pan pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. You guys inspire me and keep me going strong. Pan pizza recipe is coming, I promise! I haven't forgotten.

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean. It seems like there are a lot of angry, bitter people out there. I've left a comment on a blog before where the blogger was being mean to people she had seen who weren't dressed to her standards. She was critiquing people quite cruelly. My comment to her was to quit judging because you never know what that person is going through at the moment and don't know their circumstances. I told her she should have more compassion towards others. I stopped visiting her blog after that.

    Like you said, kindness, courtesy, good manners, and class are not the norm anymore, at least it seems that way on the internet. But when I'm out and about and I come across someone who does do something kind, i.e. hold the door open for me, I make sure I thank them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thank people that hold the door for me and I call younger guys "sir" too. They really get a kick out of it. And yes, I agree, you have no idea what others are going through. We need to keep that in mind.

      Delete
  4. There is just so much hate in our society right now..anyone can say anything at anytime. YouTube is horribe...downright profane with some of the comments that are made. I don't even read the comment section anymore for fear I might read something that would just totally upset me.

    If you have a beef with someone, private message them. I had someone totally rip me a new one because of an innocent mistake and thinking I was actually helping this person with her sales...she called me out on FB and it was totally embarrassing for me. I didn't unfriend her, but I stopped following her and blocked her for commenting on any of my posts...There is no excuse for rudeness and drama!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! My Grandma said there is no excuse for bad behavior and there really isn't. I don't care who you are.

      Delete
  5. I will admit that I have called out people on their horrible and hateful behavior. I have done it tactfully, but I can't stand to see people being personally attacked, especially people I love. I have to also admit that when someone is hateful towards police officers my blood tends to boil. ;) Having 2 sons in law enforcement, along with an uncle who is retired from the field tends to make me a bit touchy. ;) I try to be "positive" in my responses but have realized that there are just some very hateful people in this world and there are times when I just realize that it is futile to even try to get these people to think before they speak or post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sad business if you ask me. I can only think they must be extremely miserable and self loathing. Too bad, because the rest of us are too busy enjoying life to behave that way! ;)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...