Friday, July 27, 2018

Another Small Home Improvement - Our Living Room Walls



It was a bit of a journey to get to the point of being ready to paint our living room walls.  First we had to move out all of our furniture so we could remove our old carpet and the pad underneath.  Once that was done we invested some time in scraping, cleaning and prepping the floor.


There was trim to add around our window and door frame in order to make that room uniform with the rest of our downstairs and make it all look more finished.  It was a great opportunity too for me to add extra insulation around our door jamb making it more weather tight.

New tile entry should help with dirt and wear

A last minute decision to add a tile entry in front of our door added on a few more days, but since we were waiting for flooring to arrive we had the time.  This project took us three days to complete including drying time and will be a great feature for us to have.

Finishing the trim to match the rest of our downstairs

I caulked the new trim and the girls and I painted it, then waited a few more days for it to dry and cure enough to tape it off with painter's tape.  Then it was time to roll on the much awaited wall color.  


Taped off and ready for paint

My helper busy doing her online summer school work

For the first time since I have lived in our home the walls are actually painted a color other than white.  I used the High Speed Access by Behr, the same paint we used in our dining room with Pure White paint on the trim.  Love it!

Looking good so far!

The two of us got all the corners and edges painted once the walls were rolled

We used artist brushes to do a little touch up along the edges and neaten things up.  Once the paint was dry I put the baseboard heater back onto the wall and all of the switch plates got washed and put backed up too.  All clean, crisp and beautiful!

Wow!  Holy cow do I  ever love this!

Much to my delight the room is still bright and cheery

Love how the trim stands out against the wall color  <3

Now onto the next project!



12 comments:

  1. It's looking beautiful! Can't wait to see what you've chosen for the floor!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - when I clicked on your blog I thought I was looking at some sort of house plant - took me a moment to realize it was green tape!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gray is perfect, and the contrast between that color and the white baseboards looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is really pretty and it goes so well with our furnishings. :)

      Delete
  4. Looks terrific! I think the new color is so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Peaceful is the perfect word to describe it. :)

      Delete
  5. I spent a week painting my oldest son's bedroom a very similar color combo. The crisp white trim and freshly painted walls make me wNt to tackle the rest of the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I totally know that feeling. Once you get one room done you want them all to look that good. :~)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...