Tuesday, July 3, 2018

June Thrifty Wrap Up



I ended the month of May and began June with a half tank of fuel still left in my car and $60 in my checking account.  Not a bad start to the month if you ask me!  Any time you have leftover gas and some cash you're in a good spot!

My first paycheck of the month included some overtime so I was able to get all of the monthly expenses paid on time or early as well as meet my savings goals.  I also did a fair bit of grocery shopping and treated my girls to lunch out at Sizzler.  Mid month when I got paid I had a large amount of overtime on my paycheck.  I paid the mortgage two weeks early, topped of the gas tank in the car and slugged the rest into savings.  Whooo hoooo!


June was an interesting month because I was super busy at work as we wrapped up a HUGE company expansion project.  That translated to a lot of opportunity for overtime hours which I was very happy about, although I wouldn't want to do that on a regular basis.  It was a lot of hours.  But, this equated to a big financial boost that would allow me to reach some of my savings goals much sooner than originally expected.

Because of my expanded work schedule I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on any other projects around the house and while that put me behind on my plans this summer it did save me some money in the process.  I'll be working next month to get caught back up.


I did use some of my overtime pay to pad the grocery budget and stocked up on some good buys at the store.  We topped off the freezers once again and added to the pantry stores.  I also sent a large bag of donations to the high school's food pantry at the first of the month.  I was more than happy to have the opportunity to contribute to that.  As I acquire surplus items I plan to donate another bag, probably at the beginning of the school year.

It was a very busy and somewhat hectic month that seemed like it flew by in a flash.  Now I'm hoping July runs at a little slower pace so I can be more productive at home instead of at the office.



2 comments:

  1. I would love to end a month and start out the next with money and gas left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to have a little something left, if possible. It makes me feel better. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...