Tuesday, July 31, 2018

My Grocery Budget 2018 - July Update



I'd set myself a challenge of spending only $20 or less per week in the month of July and I have to say I think I knocked this one out of the park!  I'm super proud of myself. The first week I went over budget by a whopping 52¢, not bad, but it was still over.  I wasn't too happy about it either.  But, I definitely made up for myself the following week coming in at just $18.50.  In week three I did about the same, but by week four I found I really didn't need anything so I did shop much.  I even stocked up on a few things which are highlighted in red. 

Here is how it all panned out week by week:



Week 1


Milk - 1 gal
     1.79
Sale
Albertsons
Cheese sticks
     1.98
Sale
WinCo
Broccoli
     1.52
Sale
WinCo
Green beans
     1.11
Sale
WinCo
Tomato sauce (2)
     0.92
Sale
WinCo
Canned tomatoes (4)
     1.84
Sale
WinCo
Cream cheese (2)
     2.44
WinCo
Salad dressing
     0.92
Sale
WinCo
Celery
     0.98
WinCo
Carrots
     0.98
WinCo
Lemon
     0.88
WinCo
Lime
    0.20
Sale
WinCo
Olives (2)
     1.98
Sale
Albertsons
Mayonnaise
     0.99
Sale/Coupon
Albertsons
Corn (5)
     1.00
Sale
Albertsons
Eggs
     0.99
Sale
Albertsons
   20.52






Week 2


Milk - 1/2 gal
     0.79
Sale
Fred Meyer
Broccoli
     0.79
Markdown
Fred Meyer
Lettuce
     0.49
Markdown
Fred Meyer
Lettuce
     0.49
Markdown
Fred Meyer
Lettuce
     0.59
Markdown
Fred Meyer
Mushrooms
     1.39
Markdown
Fred Meyer
Green beans
     1.99
Markdown
Fred Meyer
Butter (2)
     3.98
Digital Coupon
Fred Meyer
Chicken breasts - 3#
     4.99
Digital Coupon
Fred Meyer
Turkey sausage (2)
     3.00
Sale
Fred Meyer
   18.50






Week 3

Coleslaw mix (2)

1.56
WinCo
Sale
Onions

0.47
WinCo

Cream

3.38
WinCo

Whipped cream

2.58
WinCo

Lettuce

2.28
WinCo

Onion powder

0.98
WinCo

Tomato sauce (2)

0.92
WinCo

Gelatin

0.78
WinCo

Pudding (2)

0.96
WinCo

Eggs

-
Albertsons

Butter

-
Albertsons

Hamburger buns

-
Albertsons

Hotdog buns

-
Albertsons

Whipped cream (2)

3.19
Albertsons
Sale
Avocado

0.98
Albertsons
Sale
Bell pepper

0.84
Albertsons
Sale
Grapes

2.08
Albertsons
Sale
Blueberries

2.77
Albertsons
Sale
Customer appreciation coupon

(5.00)
Albertsons








18.77





Week 4

Lettuce
   .98
Fred Meyer
Sale
Bananas
   .39
Fred Meyer
Sale
Tortillas
 3.99
Fred Meyer
Sale
 5.36





$63.15 ÷ 31 days ÷3 people = $.68 per person per day!  Sixty eight cents!!! 

Check out that total!

It was a very good month for sales and bargains as well as coupons and digital coupons which helped me a lot to really keep my costs low.  I have to say I had a lot of fun with this challenge so I've decided to go ahead and extend it another month and do it in August too.

How did you do with your grocery shopping goals?  What great buys did you find?


This budget month runs from July 1 through July 31



4 comments:

  1. If you managed to stay on budget and kept doing keto I am more than impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to be stocked up on the big things and only need to bring home enough to fill in the gaps. I haven't done quite as well as you, but my grocery bills have definitely been down lately, as I've mainly only been coming home with produce and dairy products; everything else is decently stocked (although I *am* running low on dry black beans). What a great month for yoU! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. It was a nice change of pace. Black beans are cheap enough you shouldn't break the bank stocking back up on those. LOL :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...