Friday, November 29, 2019

My Grocery Budget 2019 - November Update



I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with my grocery shopping this month.  I didn't have a lot of time and I didn't take the time to make lists or really think things through like I normally do.  The ads at the stores weren't particularly all that good either.  I ended up going to Wal-Mart much and purchasing much more than I normally would and I don't think that saved me money at all and to be honest, the quality of the produce purchased left a lot to be desired.


By the time Thanksgiving rolled around I knew I needed to up my game so I got up early on a Sunday morning and went to Trader Joes.  Best produce I purchased all month and it made me very happy.  So lesson learned.  I did not have any non food purchases this month so no need to use my budgeted $25 for that.

Here is the food I bought this month:


$210.76 ÷ 30 days ÷3 people = $2.34 per person per day

How did you do this month?  Any super buys you stocked up on?


This budget month runs from November 1 through November 30



4 comments:

  1. You still did really well. I agree with you on Walmart produce, definitely not the freshest stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just didn't feel I got as much value for my $$ spent. Live and learn. ;)

      Delete
  2. How much did you spend on green onions at Walmart? It looks like 70-something dollars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy moly! Those were some expensive onions!!! You just made my day!! Fixing that typo sure made a HUGE difference! No wonder I had so much money left at the end of the month. Oh my goodness!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...