Monday, November 18, 2019

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



I was up fairly early on Sunday feeling ready to begin my day.  I started off by planning out our meals and meal prep for the week ahead, wrapped gifts for upcoming birthdays as well as two Christmas gifts and then made waffles for breakfast.  As the day progressed I did not, finding myself feeling supremely lazy as I curled up in my recliner with a fuzzy blanket and my laptop where I spent the remainder of my day writing and watching Youtube videos.  It was the perfect way to rest up and enjoy a chilly late fall day.

All tidied up again 😊

Monday I was able to pull some things from my pantry to add to two Thanksgiving baskets my daughter's cheer/dance team are putting together.  They've adopted two families this year to make up dinner baskets for so I was happy to be able to contribute items for that.


Tuesday evening I mended a few holes I had in my dish cloths by darning them on my sewing machine.  Aside from a few small holes they are still in really good shape so by mending them I should get by for quite a bit longer, plus I really like them.  I'm finding it more difficult to buy good quality dish cloths that aren't made with some type of synthetic fibers.  The last set I bought are collecting dust as I do not care for them at all.


Wednesday my daughter and I started watching a documentary series on Netflix about World War II.  We really enjoyed it and it answered quite a few question she had about that war and the holocaust.  Thursday we also watched the movie The Tuskegee Airmen using our Amazon Prime.  I had seen this movie before and wanted my daughter to see it as well.  If you haven't seen it I do recommend it if you have any interest in history or the second world war.  We finished up the documentary series on Friday and Saturday and felt it was time well spent.

Our Sunday dinner - Meatloaf!

Saturday was not particularly productive, however I did do some searching for something I need for an upcoming project I have in mind for our living room.  I think I may have found what I've been looking for.

I baked a pan of brownies and took them into work to share with my co-workers.  I left the corner brownies in the pan for my daughter.  They are her favorites.


I used up the very last drop of shower gel from a bottle my oldest daughter left behind.  I've had it upside down in the shower now for a few weeks using it up.  The bottle went into the recycle bin.  I am also working on a bottle of shampoo and a bottle of conditioner she left behind before I put out anything new.


My youngest put a bar of hotel soap from our soap jar in the shower to use.  She loves those little soaps we've been given.  We have friends that travel far more than we do and they always bring back the soaps and little bottles from the hotel and give them to us.  Even the shower hats which end up in our kitchen as bowl and platter covers.  Very handy.

I did not do any grocery shopping, or any other shopping for that matter, last week.


Some of the 15 MinuteChores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - tidied laundry room, vacuumed floors, mopped bathroom floor, washed rug, scrubbed sink.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor, dusted chair rail, cleaned light switch.

Kitchen -  vacuumed the floor, cleaned range hood & microwave.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted, cleaned mirrored closet doors.  Cleaned bathroom mirror & scrubbed sink.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - two loads of laundry, vacuumed living room, hallway & entry.

How was your thrifty week?


8 comments:

  1. I love that plate that the meatloaf is on!

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a restful Saturday. My goodness, if anyone ever deserved one, it's YOU! You get more done in a month than I can reasonably contemplate in a year! :^) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve a break now and then. I glad you and your daughter were able to spend some quality time together.

    My thrify moves... stayed home and off the computer. So I didn't spend anything. Trying hard not to overspend over the next six weeks.��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie. The next six weeks ahead will be challenging. It is so tempting to spend $$, especially on your loved ones. :0)

      Delete
  4. I am glad to see you are willing to rest when it is needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to find that balance or you'll run yourself ragged. :o)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...