Thursday, November 21, 2019

The Benefits Of Rising Early



I love to get up early each day, even on the weekends, and revel in the quiet solitude that is mine in the morning.  The morning is my time where I can write, plan, think, reflect, pray, or just sip my coffee and do absolutely nothing if I so choose.

I find that by going to bed before 10:00 each night I sleep better and awaken earlier feeling fairly well rested.  I have the luxury to lie in bed for a few minutes before slipping out of bed instead of bounding out at the first alarm and trying to start my day in a frantic state.  Usually that little bit of time is spent snuggling with a kitty and thinking about the day ahead.


The first thing I do when I get up is make my bed.  I don't even leave my room without first making my bed.  Then I put on my slippers and begin my day.  A hot cup of coffee is a must for me and I do enjoy it immensely.  On weekdays I pull out various items from the fridge and pantry to put into lunchboxes before settling down with my coffee and laptop.

I usually have about an hour to myself on the weekdays, longer on the weekends, to write or do some planning.  Two things I do enjoy a lot.  Once my daughter is off to school it is a good time for me to get my daily 15 minute chores done before it is time for me to get ready for work.  By doing my chores in the morning it not only frees up my time in the evening, but it makes it even nicer to come home after a long day at work to find a neat and tidy house waiting for me.  My little house is my little haven.


Often I feel as though I've already accomplished so much before I even arrive at work.  I love that feeling I get when I'm productive and things are getting done.  I've been doing early mornings for about five years now and it has really changed my life.  I'm so glad I decided to change my routines and get up early each day.  It has been pleasantly surprising to see what a positive impact it has had on my life.  Plus I've seen some pretty amazing sunrises in the process.


12 comments:

  1. Today I slept until 7:30 a.m., and feel like I am paying for it. I can't seem to catch up with my day! I find I can get up easier in the mornings during standard time (this time of year) than daylight savings (summertime.) I really NEED the solitude in the early hours--sets the stage for my entire day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sunrise you caught!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I prefer to sleep every second I can and jump up and race to do what I need to do. Well, that was when I worked. Now, I am still just about the same way. I do not drink coffee, so nothing to linger over. The first thing I must do after sitting up and getting out of bed is to rush to bathroom. I can tell your house is your haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try to sleep in. Can't do it. Just can't do it. My mind gets to thinking and that's that. Time to get busy.

      Delete
  4. I'm an early riser too. When I was working I had to be at the office by 7 a.m., and even in retirement I haven't broken the habit (getting up early, not going to work.) I don't get up as early as I once did but the cats won't let me sleep if I try to sleep in. I like my quiet time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our kitties either. They need to be let out and then right back in so they can sit in my lap and help me write.

      Delete
  5. You are so right. Getting up earlier is so helpful with the day. Now, if I could just make myself do it more. I love your posts, so motivating. I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. It is a habit I had to develop and I'm really glad I did. I used to be quite the opposite and did everything late into the night. I prefer it this way though. Enjoy your weekend! :o)

      Delete
  6. I have to take my shower in the morning so I usually make up the bed right after that but you do alot before you go to work. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mornings are when I seem to have the most time available. I try to get as much done as I can to free up our busier evenings.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...