Thursday, October 28, 2021

A Quick Little Christmas Gift

 


While I was at my hotel I got an idea for a cute little gift for my girls.  All three have us "go bags".  The idea behind them is to have enough supplies gathered together for us to grab and head out the door and keep us going for a 72 hour period of time.  Now these bags can serve a variety of purposes.  A quick weekend trip out of town, an unexpected hospital stay, the need to leave home due to a mechanical issue such as the heat goes out or a tree lands on your roof, or even the dreaded zombie apocalypse.  At least you have enough necessities to hold you over until you can make better arrangements.

 


I picked up A LOT of tiny bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and other toiletries while I was staying at the hotels during my latest adventure.  The ones I collected were nice brands of really great smelling soaps and lotions that I really liked.  And it made me think my girls would like some of these too.  And then I thought, how about if I put some of these into containers for their go bags.

 


I picked up a couple packages of these plastic snack/food storage containers at Dollar Tree and they worked perfectly.  I placed a shampoo, a conditioner and a lotion in each one and the lid snapped tight over them just right.  The containers have seals on the lids to keep them from leaking which is nice, especially with soaps that can get all over everything.  I plan to tuck one into each of the girls stockings and I made one for myself too to resupply my go bag now that I am home.  Love it! 😍

 

6 comments:

  1. Nice idea! Great idea for people who have to travel a lot for work, etc to collect those small sizes, make up little kits of these homeless or shelter residents, donate to Red Cross for fire victims, etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea. I always keep some in my already packed travel train case. I always refill the case once we get home, so that it's ready for our next trip. I love this brand. It smells amazing - so fresh! I always bring them home when I find it in our hotel rooms.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...