Monday, October 18, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Last Sunday morning I awoke early in my hotel room and washed some laundry in the tub with detergent I had brought from home.  I used the hotel hangers to hang everything on to dry.  I find doing small batches of laundry helps a lot to keep me in clean clothes while I am here.  It is surprisingly easy to wash laundry in a bathtub.  I got a small cup of yogurt and a banana from the daily breakfast offerings and made coffee in my room.  After a hot shower I got dressed and headed out to Aldi to pick up a few fresh produce items.  Preparing my own meals in my hotel room each day not only saves me money, but I have much healthier meals this way too.

 


I stopped in at Dollar Tree and purchased a few office supply items and a bottle of clear nail polish.  When I got back to my hotel I gave myself a manicure and used the office supplies to draw up some landscaping plans I've been working on lately.  I also wrote a letter and then walked down to the post office to mail it.  It was a lovely day in Minnesota and I thoroughly enjoyed my quiet Sunday.

 


In between appointments I was able to work remotely Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  I appreciated the diversion and the opportunity to earn a little bit of income.  Thursday and Friday were full days, but then I was kicked loose and got to start making my way home taking it low and slow.  I was just really glad to be headed in that direction.  I am more than ready to be home with my kiddo and my kitties.  I miss them so much.

 




At this time I still have some future appointments to complete but all of the testing is done for now, thankfully, and while I do have some answers I don't have them all yet.  I am still very much a work in progress.  All I want to do now is get home and sleep in my own bed.



I hope you all had a wonderful thrifty week and I wish you all the best for a great thrifty week ahead.

 

12 comments:

  1. So glad you are going home!! Get some rest! I'm glad all the tests are done, and I hope that you will have a treatment plan and start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really is no better bed than your own is there. I'm glad you're all done and can climb into it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are done with the tests and headed home. And I hope that there are answers in the tests and the Mayo doctors knowledge that will help you. Healing sparkles headed your way! Thank you for the update, I was wondering where you were and how things were going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you enjoyed the Minnesota fall. It is truly one of our midwest gems. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go home to rest and get some sweet kitty loving. Just what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're showing flowers -- I hope these cheered up your hotel room while you were gone. Or were waiting for you when you got back!

    We are going into our own hard time -- my mom's health continues to go down. She is back in the hospital, and it's not looking good. We plan to leave early Friday morning and drive 19 hours straight through to Michigan. (We had plane tickets to see her in early November, but were forced to cancel them. We weren't sure we'd make it in time.) We'll probably be there all month -- one of the dreariest times of the year for that state. At least we can spend time with cousins and family, and by driving, were able to bring our dogs, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very cheery! I got them at Trader Joes in Rochester and they really helped me keep my spirits up. :)

      Praying for you guys and your momma. Safe travels and God bless.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...