Monday, October 4, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


This past week got completely away from me, no doubt about that.  Once again work kept me hopping with all of the COVID patients added to my roster plus the need to wrap up everything for month end.  Before I knew it, it was Friday and boy oh boy was I ever ready for the weekend.  Not much happened last week so this post is going to be a shorty.

 

Oh my gosh this kid is tall, LOL

Friday was the homecoming dance and my daughter went to her first school dance.  She borrowed a dress from her sister and we picked up a pair of sparkly shoes at the thrift store for $5.99.  We tried curling her hair, twice in fact, but her hair was defiant.  Nonetheless, she was very pretty and her date heartily concurred.  She said he was a perfect gentleman too.  Even got the car door for her, which really impressed her.

 

We decorated for Halloween

THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Leftovers from the week before (we had a bunch), chicken w/rice & gravy, turkey sandwiches, eggs & sausages, salads.

 


THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Vacuumed & mopped floors, washed rug.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room - Cleaned microwave, vacuumed & spot mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - Two loads of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways.  Swept front porch.

 


THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I didn't do any grocery shopping and returned an item to the store I didn't need for a refund.  I worked from home all week so I only drove once saving a lot of fuel. 



THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I worked a boatload of overtime.  Probably too much overtime.

 

How was your thrifty week?

 

4 comments:

  1. What a cute couple! Your daughter is lovely, and I'm glad she had fun at the dance.
    Your kitty in the sink is giving you a look though, but looks like a sweet kitty. Love your decorations! Your week sounds exhausting with all the overtime. HOpe this week is calmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was letting me know to wash my hands somewhere else! LOL

      Delete
  2. Your daughter is so cute. How tall is she? I bought some cheap soup yesterday and today, Campbells for $1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She isn't quite 5'2". My girls are tiny. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...