Tuesday, October 26, 2021

More Prepping On A Dime

 


Once I had established our basic needs in our prepper pantry last year my goal moving forward was to maintain and enhance it.  Rotating items out and replacing them with new items so nothing expires and goes to waste is really important to keeping our prepper pantry functional.  Variety is also important to us so once the beans, rice and other staples were taken care of it was time to add the other goodies that make life nicer.

 

 Soups 88¢ each, tomatoes 59¢ each & antibacterial wipes were FREE


Our prepper pantry is a combination of canned goods, vacuum sealed dry goods and dehydrated foods.  We have a lot of canned meats, soups, sauces, seasonings, fruits and vegetables.  Rice, pasta, oats, baking essentials too.  Dehydrated onions, green beans, corn, peppers, apples, blueberries, etc.  We keep a fully stocked chest freezer in our garage and our regular pantry is well stocked also.  We are prepared for a long term change in circumstances.

 

Pasta sauce 97¢ each, tissues $1 each & salad dressing was FREE

Prepping can be an expensive proposition, but it doesn't have to be.  It is an affordable option for anyone.  I am a bargain hunter, no doubt about that, and I've been feeding my family for three decades on a very slim budget.  We eat very well.  Healthy and nutritious meals are a regular occurrence around here and we have never had to worry about food scarcity, thankfully.  So when I decided to add a prepper pantry to our home I approached it in the same manner as I do our regular grocery shopping.

 


This month I was able to add to our prepper pantry with sales items and freebies.  Facial tissues were on sale for $1 a box, pasta sauces were 97¢ each, soups for 88¢ each, FREE salad dressing and anti-bacterial wipes.  You can't complain a out FREE.

 

We like these soup mixes and are now contemplating adding these to our prep
They can be pricey, but if you just do a few at a time it won't impact the budget too much

By keeping my eyes open, checking the dollar stores, keeping tabs on the weekly sales flyers and downloading digital coupons and FREE offers I'm able to affordably establish and maintain a really nice prepper pantry without blowing the budget.  Peace of mind without going into debt or strapping the finances.  I think that is the best part of all.

 

4 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...