Wednesday, October 27, 2021

October $100 Grocery Budget 2021

 


This was a very different shopping month for me.  At the beginning of the month I picked up a few items on sale that I wanted for the upcoming holidays, mostly baking supplies and some cheese.  Then I didn't shop again until the 23rd of the month since I was out of state most of the time visiting the Mayo Clinic.  That shopping trip was a good one!  Because the sales were so good and we were able to get everything on our list plus a lot of things on next month's list I ended up pulling funds I had set aside for November.  We basically ended up shopping for two months on one Saturday.  It was great.  And!  We also picked up items for our prepper pantry.

 


Our nonfood budget in October was used to pick up facial tissue and some supplies to make homemade laundry detergent.  The total amount I spent on non food items came in at $18.52, well below my $25 monthly allotment.

 


The total I spent on food came in at $122.59 which means I'll be carrying over a deficit amount into November.  I'm totally fine with that since most of what we bought is for November and December.  I have plenty of food for our holiday meals, holiday baking and all of our regular meals as well.  I began the month with an extra $1.64 so my deficit to roll over will be $20.95 leaving me with a November starting balance of $79.05.  That may not sound like a lot of money for groceries and it isn't, especially as we head into the holidays, but for us it will be plenty.

 


Prices have definitely been on the rise and I do see a lot of bare spots on the shelves again, but I find that as long as I'm willing to be patient, shop around and go to different stores and wait for the sales I'm still able to keep to my budget and get the things we need and most of what we want.  How are you fairing?  Are the prices rising beyond what you can handle?  Are you still able to find what you need?  How about the sales?  How those where you live?

 

10 comments:

  1. Good job! I’ve been doing Walmart pickup and they were out of several things on my last couple of orders. My eyes are wide open!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally think food shortages will be around for a while.

      Delete
  2. Grocery prices have definitely been rising, but we have a lot in our freezer & pantry, so we've made some adjustments here & there. My husband eats Keto due to food allergies, so we purchase a lot of meat. Unfortunately, that has been going up substantially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I have stocked up so am only buying fresh items or sale items. I am happy to enter this fall with a good size pantry. You do a fantastic job stocking up for $100 a month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have everything I need for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It feels good in a time of uncertainty to know I won't have to fight to find food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be the magic shopper! There are only two of us in my household and our monthly food budget is way more than that. I shop mostly at Aldi and Costco, but have a lot of food sensitivities so have to buy carefully. I have not been stockpiling because prices in the stores are so much higher. So that means future bills will likely go up even more. Compared to the rest of the world, we spend a much lower percentage of our income on food. So even in this crazy time of inflation and empty shelves, we have much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do. I know I am blessed more than I probably deserve. ;)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...