Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Setting Goals For 2021

 


Recently I took my original goals planning sheet I was working on for the new year ahead and literally removed half of the items off of it.  I decided to scale back on a lot of the home improvement projects I was planning to do on the outside of our home and decided they really aren’t necessary.  If I decide later on down the road I want to do them, then fine, but for right now they are totally unnecessary so they got the axe.

 


I still have plenty of items to finish that didn’t get done this year and honestly, that is what I am going to focus on in 2021.  I don’t need to add anything new.  It is easy to think you can do a lot more than you really can or want to do and that can be overwhelming.  For me, as I am mapping out my 2021 goals I am only putting down things I actually want to do.  Just because I can do more, doesn’t mean I need to.

 


Having my goals mapped out onto a single sheet of paper instead of two very full pages makes it much more appealing.  And yes, in case you were wondering, I do have fun things planned as well as time for rest and relaxation.  Those are also goals I have in mind for 2021.

 


Looking back over this year I am very happy with all of the progress I have made and I don’t feel any guilt or angst over the fact that I didn’t get everything completed that I set out to do.  I still have plenty of time to finish the work on Laverne I still need to do, the landscaping of our yard I want to put in, the backyard and the deck that still has some work to be done and an ever growing punch list of items inside the house I’d like to work on as well.  I’ll get it all done in my own time and that’s just fine with me.

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Your plan for next year sounds good to me! Sometimes we expect too much of ourselves and suffer burnout as a result. Received your Christmas card. Thank you for thinking of me! I made the lemon drop cookies yesterday. They are so quick and good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love the cookie recipe. I like that one too!

      Delete
  2. You are a wise woman! I think even how we word things can affect our outlook, I know for me even changing the wording from "finish Christmas quilt" to "work on Christmas quilt" instantly lessens the stress factor involved.

    My biggest goal for the upcoming year is to do with what I have. The last two years (especially this one) have yielded a lot of financially draining things. I am grateful though that through it all that we are ok and have what we need. So as a quilting friend laughingly said to me - all those years of hoarding fabric, this is what we were saving it for. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your friend is correct! I have a dresser stuffed with fabric. The time has come to do something with it. Happy sewing!! :)

      Delete
  3. I have perennials we can divide to make landscaping zero cost: Sedum Autumn Joy, Stella d'oro daylilies-yellow and bloom all season, and Shasta daisies. The work would be in April once they poke their heads up. I'm near Holcomb/Bergeson if interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love some! You are so kind to offer. When I am ready I will contact you. I'd love to meet you as well. Take care Elle and thank you.

      Delete
    2. Excellent! Can't wait to share. They are overdue for dividing but I cannot bear to throw plants away and haven't had takers now for 2 years.

      Merry Christmas to you and the girls :-)

      Delete
    3. Wonderful! Merry Christmas to you too.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...