Monday, December 7, 2020

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Happiest of holiday greetings to you all!  Are we embracing the Christmas spirit yet?  Things are happening around our house, little bit by little bit.  Horse Doover Nite was last night and we put up our tree.

 


Last Sunday was a quietly productive day for me.  I went room by room and gathered up all of my lovely fall décor and put it away in the orange bins I keep in our garage.  I dusted, vacuumed and mopped floors and then began adding a little bit of Christmas here and there.  I swapped out linens adding the Christmas fingertip towels to the towel bars in the bathrooms and my holiday hanging towel in the kitchen.  I also replaced spent candles and lit the new ones to fill the house with a wonderful warm scent.  It smelled as if I'd been baking cookies all day.

 


I used shower gel and a few drops of food coloring to refill all of my fall themed foaming hand soap dispensers before putting them away.  Now they are all ready to be pulled out of the cabinet next year when fall arrives once again.  I also topped up a couple of the Christmas dispensers I'm reusing again this year.

 

I made bacon burgers for dinner one evening
Mine is on a Keto bun

I refilled the dishsoap dispenser which pretty much emptied out the larger bottle I had purchased at the store.  I added some water to the "empty" bottle and gave it a good shake.  I had enough soapy water to do dishes for five days before tossing the bottle into the recycling bin.

 


I started the Christmas dishes switcharoo as well.  I love my new Corelle coffee cups I found at the thrift store last month.  I also pulled out some of the table linens and added my pretty poinsettia pillows to the living room.

 

Our Sunday breakfast

I made quick and simple meals to use up items I already had on hand.  We ate up all of our leftovers too so no food was wasted.  Kitchen scraps went to the chickens which always serves to make them very happy and gives them some variety in their diet.

 

I absolutely love the warm scent of a holiday candle

I worked a fair bit of overtime last week.  The extra income is much appreciated and will help me offset the extra expense of the heating bills this winter.  It has been very cold, especially at night lately.  Winter weather has definitely arrived.

 

I think I forgot to mention this was my last $10 prep I did a couple weeks ago
Can you believe I got all fo this for less than $10?!

With my daughter's help I was able to give myself another haircut.  She trimmed the back for me where I couldn't reach.

 


Most of my focus last week was on my kitchen.  Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed & mopped floors, scrubbed sink.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Dining Room - vacuumed & mopped floor, cleaned baseboards, cleaned dining room chairs. 

Kitchen -  vacuumed & mopped floor, cleaned stovetop & knobs, cleaned outside of stove, moved stove & clean floor & wall behind, wiped out oven, cleaned microwave, scrubbed sink & countertops. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted, scrubbed sink, mopped floor.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - two large loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry, mopped entry floor.

 

All spiffy clean behind and underneath our stove

How was your thrifty week?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...