Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies

 




My youngest daughter loves peanut butter cookies so there was no way we were going to skip a super simple, quick and easy peanut butter cookie recipe if we were going to do any at all.  She wouldn't stand for it.

 

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies

 1 yellow cake mix

2 eggs

1/4 cup oil

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

 

In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, peanut butter and chocolate chips to form a thick sticky dough.  Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking pan.  Bake 9 to 11 minutes at 375 degrees until the edges just start to brown.  Remove to a cooling rack.  Once cooled frost the tops of each cookie with a little cream cheese frosting.  Store in an airtight container.  Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.

 

My daughter prefers her peanut butter cookies plain, but a lot of people like to add chips so we figured we'd work it into the recipe.  Either way these make up another quick, easy and thrifty recipe.  These cookies are definitely Christmas tin worthy as well.  Have you made the Confetti Sugar Cookies or the Lemon Drop Cookies yet?  How about the "Andes" Candy Cookies or the Pumpkin Spice Cookies?

 

Have you tried any of these cake mix cookie recipes yet?

 

 

12 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your thrifty month. So motivating:) I hope you are having a great December so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. I'm very glad to know that. So far December seems to be off to a great start! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yes we have used your cookie recipes. Our favorite ones are the chocolate chip using either a white cake mix with chocolate chips or a devils food cake mix with white chocolate chips. One time we tried devils food cake mix with peanut butter chips. I refuse to make cookies any other way now.
    Thank You so very much,
    Karon
    Paso Robles, CA USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried the cake mix cookies yet but I need too. Received the Christmas cards yesterday. I love them. Also, the gift tags you enclosed are so cute and a nice surprise. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them a little too well... LOL. I am so happy you love your cards. :0)

      Delete
  4. I’ve made a lot of cake mix cookies but never PB and I should because PB cookies are my dad’s favorite. I really like lemon cake mix with white choc chips, chocolate cake mix with chocolate chips is always a hit and so are hello with chocolate chips.

    Thanks for the tip about PB cake mix cookies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of those are really great combos. I love that it is "cookie season". And these are so stinking easy!

      Delete
  5. Yes I have and they're not bad and easy to make. Smell the house up real nice, too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the smell of fresh baked cookies. They taste good too!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...