Friday, March 12, 2021

Purging More Stuff

 


There are so many ways to purge things from our home and lately I've been on a mission to do more.  Last month I finished going through the storage area in our garage and sold a bunch of old optical shop inventory on eBay.  It sold fast too so that was fantastic.  I found some things out there to donate too so I started a new donations bag.

 


Another great way to purge is to use stuff up.  I've been going through our pantry, refrigerator and freezer on a mission to use up all the odds and ends of things we have leftover.  I am beginning to think we have condiment issues.  Way too many of them right now, that's for sure.  Our refrigerator is completely cluttered up with jars and bottles of this and that.  I'm more than ready to use them up and not open anything else for a while.

 


In that same vein I happen to have A LOT of craft and sewing supplies.  I have been making a few crocheted items to give as Christmas gifts which has already used up three skeins of yarn in my stash, but I've got a long way to go to use up what I have.  I'm going to need a bigger project I'm afraid.  Making gifts for people with things I already have on hand is not only a great way to purge some things from my home, but also will save me quite a bit of $$ on my Christmas budget.

 

All of our spent candles were melted down so we
could use up the wax and the empty containers were recycled.

We have a freebie pile in the break room at work.  Mostly there are books, which I've helped myself to and then brought them back when I was done, but there are other things too.  Last month I took in a shirt as well as some food items that were snapped up in record time.  As I find things around here that I think my co-workers may want I add them to the freebie pile.  It is a quick and easy way to find new homes for things I no longer need or want.

 


Facebook Marketplace has been a wonderful way for me to get stuff out of here too.  I had an old window, some lawn edging and a big pile of firewood after our big pruning project.  We took a quick pic and offered them up for free and they were gone in no time.  We've also sold some things we no longer needed or wanted.  Blue jeans, a coat, a huge box of eyeglass cases, my old cordless drill and a bunch of other odds and ends.

 

I have sold off nearly all of my old inventory from my old optical shop

How are you doing with your purging endeavors?  Making progress?

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I have enough years left to purge all my craft supplies....I would have to live to be 202!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m with Sue on the comment above about purging my craft things. I also visit thrift stores and eBay and keep adding things! I tell myself these things will make great gifts but never seem to follow through! I must get motivated!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eyeglass frames in the first and second row appear to be what i am looking for!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...