Thursday, March 4, 2021

Prepper Pantry - Batteries

 


Batteries are one of those items I've been anxious to stock up on.  They are expensive so finding them at a good affordable price was just as important as finding ones that are good quality.  I've used the Amazon Basics batteries before and have found them every bit as good as the Duracell or Energizer batteries so I decided to go with them.

 


I ordered 9V since we use those in all of our smoke detectors including the one in Laverne.  AAA and AA of course are the ones we use the most for our clocks, remotes and small LED flashlights.  That is what I've started on so far, a box of each size and with a guaranteed 10 year shelf life I think this is a perfect option for the prepper pantry.

 


As time goes on I'll add more AAA and AA batteries as well as adding in C and D sizes for our larger flashlights and a few other things we have around here.  While I love the idea of rechargeable batteries I do know that when the power goes out it is difficult to recharge them so having regular ones on hand is a good idea.

 


My goal is to add a solar rechargeable battery/generator to my household.  Mainly I want it for my motorhome.  I've been doing a lot of research on these and feel this is the best source of solar power for me.  My plan is to add a Jackery 500 or possibly the Jackery 1000 with a suitcase solar panel.  With the Jackery 1000 I'll be able to run my sewing machine off of it even if I'm out in the boonies.  It is a completely portable system so I can use it in the house during a long term power outage if I need too.

 


I think having multiple energy sources is a really good idea so you aren't solely dependent on the main power grid.  And with me planning to boon dock a lot in my RV in the not too distant future it makes a lot of sense for me to explore some of these alternate power options.  I think it is exciting actually.  For right now, however I'm pretty happy to have a really good start with my three boxes of bulk batteries.

 

8 comments:

  1. I had wondered about Amazon batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a solar generator. No worries about finding fuel in a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just started checking into the Jackery. Prepper Princess on youtube uses one in her home. Sounds interesting. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some larger ones coming out in a couple months. I understand a 1500 and a 2000 as well as a 200 watt solar panel suitcase.

      I love the Prepper Princess! She is great.

      Delete
  4. I buy the Duracell batteries whenever Office Depot/Office Max has their promotion. You get all your money back in store credit and then I use the store credit to purchase my ink. To me, I'm getting free batteries cause I have to buy the ink anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...