Monday, March 29, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Sunday I had the unexpected pleasure of my oldest daughter coming over to have brunch with me.  I told her I wanted to cut a few inches off the length of my hair and she got super excited and offered to do it for me.  She did a fantastic job too!  I am so pleased with my new haircut.

 

My oldest daughter took these 3 peace lilies home with her and re-homed them


After she left I got outdoors for some fresh air and sunshine and was able to finish up burning the final remnants of last fall's pruning project.  I am very happy to finally have that all done and over with.

 

This pile is GONE!

Monday I had the day off from work, the end of my four day weekend, so my youngest and I decided to run some errands.  I needed to drop off a package at the post office and pick up a few things on sale at Fred Meyer and she needed to go to the bank and drop off books at the library.  It rained almost the entire day so we got our errands done, came home and ate a good lunch (buffalo chicken wings on markdown at the deli) and then we watched the first DVD of Lord Of The Rings trilogy from our home movie collection.

 


Wednesday I met one of my girlfriends after work for a beer.  That is something I haven't done in quite a while.  Definitely pre-COVID.  It felt good to get out and do something completely "normal" for a change.

 

Before - a cluttered mess

I had a Saturday project which was to go through and purge, re-home and declutter our games (including video games) and puzzles.  I divided up what we wanted to keep amongst the three of us girls and we donated the rest.  I am keeping very few items myself - pinochle & playing cards, a cribbage board, Uno, Bananagrams, a small puzzle and a homemade Farkle & Yahtzee game as well as the Sega Genesis.  The girls have an even split of their favorites and the Wii (up to them to figure out the split on that 😉).  I also started to go through some DVDs that were mixed in amongst our games and plan to sell a set of Ninja Turtle movies on eBay.

 

After - much, much better!

I cleaned up some bins and lids I had stored in the garage that were a bit dusty so I can reorganize the games I am keeping into one small bin.  I am feeling pretty good about this little bit of progress I made.

 

I wasn't sad to see all of this old paperwork go

Another bit part of my day was spent pulling out more old paperwork I no longer need and getting it all shredded.  I poured myself a glass of wine and sat on the floor in front of the shredder and had myself a little party.  I am very happy to have all of that out of the house now.  Those do projects have got me energized to keep on going.

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Spanish rice casserole, pork chops & steamed asparagus, blueberry waffles & sausage, chicken wings, pizza grilledcheese.

 


THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Scrubbed sink & toilet, cleaned mirrors vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room - Vacuumed & spot mopped floors, scrubbed & bleached sink.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Vacuumed & dusted, cleaned bathroom mirror, scrubbed toilet.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - three large loads of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways, cleaned mirror.

 


THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I let my oldest daughter give me a haircut.  I washed out a gallon sized Ziploc bag so I can reuse it.  I made some foaming hand soap solution and refilled two of our dispensers.  We ate up all our leftovers and kept our food waste to a minimum.  We gave the chickens our kitchen scraps.

 

These are now on eBay

THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I listed four more items for sale on eBay.  I sold a vintage reproduction cookbook from my Etsy shop.  Yay!  I have loads of vintage cookbooks up for sale right now.  I just love them.

 

More plant starts

Another simple, yet productive week is in the books.  How was your thrifty week?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...