Tuesday, March 2, 2021

A Thrifty February Recap

 


TO BEGIN WITH:  I ended a joyful January feeling ready to head into a fabulous February well prepared.  I had $27 in my checking account, $3 in my wallet and a full tank of fuel in my car.  My cupboards were full and I had no immediate needs or wants.  What more could a girl ask for?

 


NEXT STEPS:  Pay days fell on the 5th and 19th of the month.  I had no bills due on the 5th so I pushed that paycheck right into savings, HSA and retirement.  The next one I paid all of our monthly bills that were due and our March mortgage plus some extra.  I used what was left to finish funding our $100 grocery budget, our $25 non food budget, my pocket money and the rest was scooted right into savings, HSA and retirement.

 


WAYS I SAVED $$:  I didn't shop very much because fortunately we didn't need very much.  I checked the ads before grocery shopping and was able to stay on budget this month.  My oldest needed a new pair of snow boots which we found for a song at the shoe outlet.  I was thrilled about that.

 


WAYS I EARNED EXTRA $$:  I sold some more items from my Etsy shop and on eBay.  I also worked a small handful of overtime hours at my job.  I put some more items up for sale on eBay.

 


LOOKING BACK:  Last month flew by at a rapid rate but I still feel like I was productive and did really well with my earning, savings and spending.  I hope to continue this trend in March.

 


LOOKING AHEAD:  Last month I had to have some medical tests after a trip to the emergency room and I expect those bills will show up this month.  Fortunately I have nicely funded my HSA account and we also have our emergency fund if need be.  I'm just hoping and praying the final bills won't be too horrific.  Nonetheless I am super grateful to know I can take care of these things without the worry of going into debt.

 

 


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great financial month!

    I hope you are ok after your hospital visit and tests!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing all the ways you save and earn money. I get so many great ideas from you. It takes work but debt is scary enough to keep me motivated! :) Im going to check out your Etsy shop after seeing your cookbook finds. Do you have a link to your ebay account? Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Angela. I'm the same way. Completely motivated to stay out of debt.

      https://www.ebay.com/usr/kittyraider3

      Delete
  3. You do a great job! I hope you’re better.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...