Monday, March 8, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Sunday morning was sunny, but not very warm.  Nonetheless I was up and at it, getting dressed and heading off to Winco to pick up fresh produce and a few pantry items to replace what we had used in February.  On the way home I stopped into Albertsons for three packages of sliced cheese on sale for $1.49 each and a bag of markdown bananas for 44¢ a pound.  Then home to put it all away.

 

Not a bad haul for less than $35

I pulled a pot roast from the freezer to thaw and fixed it in the slow cooker Monday morning before I left for work.  So nice to be greeted at the end of a busy and hectic work day with the smell of a good beef roast and the knowledge that dinner is pretty much ready too.  All I had to do was add some veggies and fix a salad and we were ready to eat.

 


The week went by rapidly once again and I honestly don't have much to report.  I basically went to work and came home.  We are kind of in that lull right now where it isn't nice enough to start a big project yet and I'm chomping at the bit too.  But spring is coming and soon the longer days and warmer temperatures will be upon us.  At the same time I haven't had a lot of extra time to work on anything right now.  I did cook quite a bit last week, however.  I was definitely in the mood to do some good cooking.

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Pot roast & veggies, leftover crack chicken, spinach salad, grilled salmon & asparagus, turkey club sandwiches, beef enchiladas.

 


THINGSI CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room - Bleached the sink, cleaned the microwave, vacuumed & spot mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Cleaned mirrors, vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - one large load of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways.

 


THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I trimmed my daughter's and my own hair.  We watched movies from our own DVD collection as well as our prepaid Amazon Prime membership.  I turned down the heat a few degrees as we had warmer temperatures last week.

 

We've been working at using up the odds & ends of things in the fridge lately

THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I sold a vintage doll on eBay.  I worked a tiny bit of overtime.

 

Turkey club sandwich with Keto bread - so good!

How was your thrifty week?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...