Tuesday, March 16, 2021

$10 Stockpiling/Prepping

 


I am constantly amazed at just how much I can acquire with a tiny little budget.  It just serves to prove time and again that it really doesn’t take a whole lot of money to make a big change.  Last summer I began to do what I like to call $10 Preps.  Whenever I had an extra $10 I would look through ads, troll the aisles looking for the markdown bins at the grocery stores or head over to my neighborhood Dollar Tree and see how much I could get for my ten bucks.  I was always happy and amazed with how quickly I could build up my supplies.  Sometimes I didn’t even spend it all!



Canned tuna often goes on sale for 69¢ a can so I could easily add fourteen cans of tuna to my prepper pantry for $10.  I find name brand laundry detergent at Dollar Tree all the time so by picking up ten jugs I have more than a year supply with plenty leftover to start the next year.  Last year I purchased full sized tubes of Crest toothpaste for 79¢ each on sale at Fred Meyer. Later I found large bottles of Suave shampoo and conditioner at Dollar Tree so I ended up buying six bottles to round out our stockpile in our linen closet.  Winco sells four packs of canned cat food for $1.58 each.  Every time I go there to shop I pick up two of them and add them to the stockpile in our garage and we are slowly beginning to build up our supply.  I may not always have an extra $10 but an extra $3 or $4 still makes a big difference.

 

This is a big haul I did a couple years ago that lasted us a good long time

Whether you want to stock up on laundry detergent or toothpaste, add extra cans of soup or packages of pasta to your pantry, get some extra meat in the freezer, or even start a prepper pantry for long term food storage I encourage to you find some extra cash in your budget and then do a little bit of research to figure out how to get what you need for the absolute least amount of money as possible and just see how much you can get for that extra bit of cash.  You will be amazed at what you can do.

 

4 comments:

  1. "...troll the aisles." Haha, that's what my kids say I do when I wind up in a supermarket. My thought is that I'm there anyway, I may as well spend the extra moments going down the aisles on the lookout for closeouts/clearance/markdowns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of fun, huh? You never know what you might find.

      Delete
  2. Hi! What size are the jugs of detergent at Dollar Tree? The ones I see are tiny.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...