Monday, March 1, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Last week was all about working on my supplemental income, mainly my Etsy store and my eBay account.  Since the beginning of the year I've done surprisingly well selling items online.  I want to keep up that trend so I spent quite a bit of time Sunday getting things shipped out that had sold as well as getting new items ready to list.

 


I worked Monday through Thursday before enjoying my next three day weekend I had scheduled for myself.  I spent my extra day off by getting new tires on my car first thing in the  morning.  Then I was all about "treasure hunting" at thrift stores and found quite a few items to add to my Etsy store inventory.  I found a good supply of vintage cookbooks which I absolutely love so I'm pretty excited to offer these for sale so others may have one to enjoy too.  It has been a lot of fun looking through these old recipes and I just love the vintage illustrations and photos.

 


Friday evening and Saturday morning I cleanup, photographed and started listing all of the things I have to go into my Etsy shop and on eBay.  Once I am done it will be a nice assortment of items.  Saturday afternoon I dropped off my daughter at work and did a little more treasure hunting on the way home, but came up empty as is sometimes the case.

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Crack chicken with rice, stuffed bell peppers from our freezer, grilled tuna sandwiches, breakfast for dinner- scrambled eggs & sausage with toast & chicken vegetable soup.

 


THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room -  Vacuumed & spot mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - one large load of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.

 


THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I tried out Discount Tire for new tires for the car.  It is hard to believe it has been six years since I bought my car and time for tires already.  It save me quite a bit over what I was quoted at another tire store and I have the same warranty.

 


THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  Sold more items on eBay and from my Etsy shop.  I opened a six months same as cash account when I got my tires and they gave me a $40 Visa gift card.  I wasn't planning to open an account, but I don't mind getting free money if they are willing to give it to me.

 


How was your thrifty week?

 

2 comments:

  1. We bought tires at Discount too. So far we’ve been pleased. I like how they rotate free and I don’t wait a long time they seem to be very efficient

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad to hear it. I'm always a little nervous trying out a tire place for the first time. They were definitely fast! :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...