Friday, March 26, 2021

Revisiting An Old Post - Things I Don't Spend $ On

 


Several years ago I wrote a few posts listing all of the things I don’t spend my hard earned cash on.  I thought it would be good for me to review those and see what, if anything, has changed after all these years.  Well, guess what?  With one notable exception, I no longer have to pay for childcare as I stated in my first post on the subject, those lists still hold true.  I still don’t spend my money on those things.  And I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything either.  Click on any of the titles listed below to access those old posts if you too would like a quick trip down memory lane:

 

This one

This one

And this one

 

What are some things you refuse to spend your hard earned $$ on?

 

8 comments:

  1. Cheap shoes!! I totally agree with this one! You only have 1 set of feet. Take care of them! I used to refuse to buy paper plates and plastic ware, but since my family has grown into adulthood with significant others and grandchildren I have decided that throwing away paper plates and plastic ware is something I can live with in order to spend more time with family when they come for a visit or for the holiday. When we are together there are at least 14 of us and I do all the home cooking, so I can accept using paper plates! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paper products certainly have their place, don't they? I agree with your logic.

      Delete
  2. We buy garbage bags, & frozen pizza & several other things on the list. But, we avoid a lot of things as well.

    For us, keeping a few frozen pizzas at hand for a quick meal is a lot cheaper than takeout or delivery. We also have a Costco membership, at least while the kids are at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't buy enough at Costco to justify the expense of a membership, but I sure loved shopping there when I did. They have wonderful things.

      Delete
  3. I don't buy: garbage bags, disposable eating stuff (paper plates, bowls, utensils, plastic glasses etc), food in a box or bag is very rare, prepared foods from the freezer section, cleaning product of any kind (I clean with baking soda and vinegar), fabric softener/dryer sheets.

    Cheap shoes? Never. I made my living on my feet in the OR and they were long days.

    Clothes: I buy undergarments new and jeans new (at Costco under $20). If I identify another need, I hit thrift stores first.

    I'm sure there is more but because I don't shop for stuff I really don't know what else folks buy. Honestly, I see the ad circulars and wonder what people do with all this stuff........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do very well. We bought a box of kitchen bags a couple years ago for special projects/needs, but we definitely don't use them often. That box may last me the rest of my life! LOL

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...