Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


We have had some wet and windy weather this past week with lower temperatures that have prompted me to turn on the fireplace from time to time and continue to use my electric blanket at night.  We are still in our winter pajamas too.  We need the rain so I am loathe to complain about it.  Warmer weather is up ahead and will be here soon, I'm sure.

 


I spent the majority of Sunday working on a big Christmas craft project I've got going.  I'll be posting more about that once I get it all finished up.  I did a load of laundry too and fixed us a nice dinner.  The remainder of the week seemed to go by in a flash.  With driving lessons tucked in as time and weather permitted.  My youngest daughter worked a couple days and finished up school for the year with the last day being on Thursday.  She is now officially a senior!

 

Their food is so good! 😋

To celebrate my girls hard work and good grades we were able to get together Thursday afternoon for some girl time and it was wonderful.  Last year, due to COVID, we didn't get to do our traditional "go out to dinner" to celebrate the girls grades and the end of another school year.  This year we did and thoroughly enjoyed a wonderful meal on the patio of one our neighborhood restaurants.  Willow Creek Grill is near our home, within walking or biking distance and we love the food and the atmosphere.  They even have live music on Friday nights.  For us it was the perfect way to spend our afternoon together.

 

My girls insist these are the best fries they've ever had
The burgers are huge!

THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  We got a lot of mileage out of those four large chicken breasts I bought last month for $4.92 (99¢ a pound).  We still had three leftover on Sunday and I ended up freezing one of them.  Roast chicken sandwiches, chicken & pasta, grilled cheese sandwich, grilled hot dogs, green salad, roasted veggies.

 

Hello ladies!


THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe 

Kitchen & Dining Room -  Vacuumed & spot mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - one large load of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways.

 

Creamy Chicken & Pasta - recipe to come

THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  We squeezed every last bit of toothpaste out of a tube of toothpaste before declaring it empty and tossing it.  I used up the last of the laundry scent beads I had rattling around in a couple of containers so I was able to declutter those and toss them into the recycle bin.  I washed out a Ziploc bag to reuse.  We completed next year's back to school shopping.  More about this adventure in an upcoming post.

 


THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I worked almost thirty hours last week.  Making progress.  I sold some of the "once a month" note cards from my Etsy store.  I don't know why, but this sale just made so incredibly happy.

 

Breakfast burrito

How was your thrifty week?

 

 

2 comments:

  1. You did well this week - I ENVY you your weather - we were 108 yesterday in Northern California :(. The only time I left the house was to walk out into the backyard and jump in the pool!!! Going to be a very rough summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're supposed to get super hot here in a couple days. Yikers!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...