Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Easy & Thrifty Chicken Pasta

 


Last month I started posting recipes that show how I use super thrifty meals intermittently in our meal plans to help us stretch our extreme grocery budget.  My goal is to serve delicious and nutritious meals my girls want to eat and this simple and budget friendly pasta dish is a pretty good one.

 


Creamy Pasta & Chicken 

2 packages Knorr Chicken Broccoli Pasta

1 can chicken breast

1 cup milk

3 cups water

1-2 cups vegetables (optional)

 


I chopped up and mixed in some leftover veggies I had to boost the nutrition

In a large sauce pan combine milk and water, bring to a boil.  Add both packages of pasta, chicken and vegetables.  Stir well, lower heat to medium and bring to a light bubble.  Stir often to prevent pasta from sticking to bottom of pan and cook for 8 minutes.  Remove pan from heat and serve immediately.  Serves 4 to 6.

 


I purchase these pasta packages on sale and used leftover meat and vegetables to bring the cost down even more.  While we don't eat these often I do like to have them on hand for a quick and easy meal which helps avoid the temptation to either eat junk food or grab something at the drive-thru.  This is a fantastic meal to make while camping or backpacking.  Also a great college student meal that is cheap and easy to prepare.

 


Cost:  Pasta $1.98 (sale price, I found them for 49¢ each on markdown) + Canned chicken $1 (Dollar Tree) .  I used leftover chicken breast I had in the refrigerator (approximately 50¢) and some leftover roasted veggies I chopped up for extra nutrition.  For less than $2 I made six servings of pasta which was two solid meals for two hungry people.

 

2 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...