Monday, June 7, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Sunday found me beyond frustrated.  I find myself in this repeating cycle where I'll have a couple of good days and think "Wow, I'm finally getting on top of this" and I'm starting to feel better and then the next day I'm flattened and exhausted.  I try not to overdo it and be careful not to tax myself and cause a setback but still….  Arggggggh!  I'm not a patient patient by any means.  I'm not complaining, I'm really not, but I was hoping to be feeling better by now.  And there is this pair of hiking boots calling my name at DSW that I'd really like to have and put to good use. 😊

 


Monday was a national holiday here in the states.  We celebrated our Memorial Day where we take time to remember those military lives lost in the wars as well as reflect upon our loved ones we've had to say good bye to.  It can be a solemn day, but also a day to tip off the summer season with time spent with family and a barbeque thrown in for good measure.  A lot of people head for the hills and go camping.  Frankly, I just enjoyed having the day off of work.

 

All of my sewing threads & notions now fit inside
this storage tower with room to spare! 😊


I spent a few lovely hours in my craft room purging, sorting and organizing my ric rac, trims, laces and ribbons.  I was able to empty out two more bins to add to my growing collection in the garage and filled up a bag to donate to the thrift store.  Now all of those items I decided to keep fit nice and neatly inside my one storage tower as was my original plan.

 


Wednesday I had a doctor appointment in the afternoon.  Not a bad appointment, but not all that fabulous either.  Since I was already on that end of town I had planned to go back to DSW for that pair of hiking boots I had spotted when I was there with the girls the previous week.  After my appointment, for a split second, I almost changed my mind about the boots and went home, but I quickly changed my mind and decided to go ahead and get them.

 

Rewards points allowed me to shave another $15 OFF the purchase price

The boots are very nice, very comfortable and I've wanted a good pair of hiking boots for quite some time.  I even told my doctor I was planning to go get them as my motivation to get better and get back to hiking.  She said that was a really good idea.  Now when I am laying in that MRI machine this Friday I will be thinking about these boots and all the places I plan to take them.

 


Saturday was the best day I've had in a very long time.  I spent the entire day with my youngest daughter.  We went to a couple of thrift stores and loaded up on active wear (jackets, tops, shors, short leggings, long leggings, sports bra) for summer and fall activities we have planned.  I picked up a few more vintage cookbooks (so cool!) to sell in my Etsy store and my daughter found a couple piano books too.  Then we went to my favorite park for a picnic lunch and walked the greenbelt along the Boise river for a good long time (nearly 13000 steps) talking like we've never talked before.  We incorporated her driving lessons into the day and by the time we headed for home we were both tuckered out and very happy with our day.  We have many more days like that planned this summer.

 

Keto hamburger on a keto bun & keto fry sauce
Fries aren't keto but they sure were delicious! 😋

THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  grilled hotdogs, grilled cheese (keto) & tomato soup (keto), French toast (keto) & sausages, taco salad (keto), deviled eggs. Hamburgers (keto) & French fries.

 


THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Vacuumed& mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room -  Scrubbed & bleached sink, vacuumed & mopped floors, cleaned chair seat covers.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Vacuumed & dusted, mopped bathroom floor.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - Three large loads of laundry (one load was our thrift store finds).  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway, vacuumed & mopped both entryways.  Swept & cleaned front porch.

 


THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I washed out a few Ziploc bags to reuse.  I downloaded $15 in DSW rewards I had earned from previous purchases to apply toward a new purchase of my own.  We picked up free BBQ sauce offered at Albertsons.

 

I sold another set!  Whooo hooooo! 😆

THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I listed a few items to sell on eBay.  I sold another package of note cards from my Etsy shop (yaaaaayyyy!!).  I worked an extra hour each day so I am now up to six hours a day.


The start of a new donation pile - a bag of sewing notions I'm willing to part with

How was your thrifty week?

10 comments:

  1. So glad you and your daughter had a great day together. 13000 steps? Girl, that’s a lot, I like your sewing tower and want to get my things better organized. Nice hiking boots! Can’t wait to see where they take you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I got started I just couldn't stop! LOL. I can't wait to use my boots. So excited for those adventures. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your blog! Thank you for taking the time to write ;). I live in the desert so the idea of walking along a river in Boise sounds wonderful! What a nice day to have with your youngest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a lovely day with your daughter - how nice! Love your hiking boots. They look very comfortable & perfect for future adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards. I am going to shamelessly steal the layout to make some of my own. I don't sell my cards, though. Cardmaking and letter writing are two of my favorite stress relieving activities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you are beat because of all the walking, not a bad thing. Those boots are a bargain!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...