Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Another Great Thrift Store Find!


Last Saturday our power went out for 4 ½ hours!  We decided to get out of the house go thrift store shopping and see if we could find a glass milk jar to replace one of ours that broke.  We didn’t find one but we scored some great buys anyway. 
 
I found six pint (35¢ each) and three quart (60¢ each) size canning jars to add to our supply for next year.  Even though I bought several at thrift stores already and two cases at the grocery store with a $3 coupon we ran short this year and I didn’t have enough to finish the pears with.  Now I think I’ll be better prepared for next year. I also found a nice glass quart decanter for ice water to keep in our break room at the shop for $3. 
 
The best find was a huge bag of craft and sewing supplies my youngest spotted.  I was busy checking out a selection of yarn when she found it and then we were all over it.  The bag was a large zippered bedspread bag and it was crammed full with a price of $8.99 on it.  There were four brand new skeins of expensive yarn that sell for more than that so we snagged it along with another bag with three skeins of yarn for $1.89. 
 
The cat really wasn't in the bag. 
I spent two hours going through everything.  What a haul!

While still waiting for the power to come back on we had a blast going through everything and sorting it all out.  There was a ton of different items in it.  Lots of lace and eyelet trims, brand new packages of ric rac and bias tape, brand new spools of ribbon and a bunch of loose ribbons, a bag filled with embroidery flosses, several skeins of yarn, most new and a few leftovers, zippers, doll making supplies, a couple craft and cross stitch kits, two sets of tea towels to embroider, two iron-on transfers and a handful of buttons. 
 
Grocery bag filled with trims, ribbons and other sewing notions.
Most of these were in new unopened packages.

Several brand new skeins of yarn, one is mohair and two are chenille. 
One had a price tag on it for $7.99. 

Ribbon for gift wrapping.  5 of these spools had prices of $7.49 on them. 
Would you pay that for a spool of wired ribbon?

Almost all of it is stuff I will be using in future projects; especially all that yarn.  The girls got plenty of things to do craft projects with too.  It was a great haul and I am so pleased.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I would have been as giddy as a kid on Christmas if I spotted this at the thrift store! What a great goody-bag!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...