Monday, October 8, 2012

I’m On A Mission – Is It Mission Impossible?


I’ve hit a point where I am ready to completely clean and reorganize my entire house.  I’m ready to give it a bit of a makeover while I’m at it too.  Huge endeavor, I know.  But I just feel the need to do something different. 

Over the past four years I have been working diligently to clear clutter and pare down my belongings.  But I’ve realized lately that I still have a lot of work to do in this area.  I don’t know how, but we still have A LOT of stuff.  I want wide open spaces and more organization in those spaces. 

I’m going to take it one room at a time and hopefully I will have it all done by the time spring rolls around and it is time to plant the garden again. 

My biggest part of the goal is to do it without spending any money to buy things unless it is to make repairs to something.  I want to use what I already have on hand for the majority of this project. 

Another part of the goal is to sell as much of the things I am getting rid of to actually make some money to add to the household budget.  I want to barter and trade for things I need first before I shell out any money too.  We’ll see how successful I am at that.  I tend to be pretty shy when it comes to asking people for things.  I’d rather not, although I did trade my neighbor a cold beer for some netting for my strawberries this summer.  You can pretty much trade beer for just about anything. 

I’ll keep you posted as I go along.  It will definitely be an adventure that’s for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness....the same nearly exact thoughts have been churning in my mind this week, too! We just re-did our living room due to a pipe leak repair, and it looks so fresh and orderly that it has made me want to re-do every room in the house!
    Can't wait to see what you do.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...