Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Budget Update


So I took another look at the $100 Christmas Challenge and found I had misread it a bit.  The challenge only pertains to gifts.  That means I shouldn’t count the tree at all and therefore I won’t.  That put me completely back on track. 
 
Thanks to a lot of hard work this year and a couple gift cards earned from my rewards points on my credit card I was able to pull this off.  Actually, it wasn’t that much hard work and I had a ball! 

My sewing machine really got a work out this year. My windfall of fabric I received this summer was a huge blessing and by the looks of things will continue to keep blessing me for quite awhile.  I still have plenty of fabric left for future projects and I have several in mind. 

I don’t have plans to make any more gift purchases and I have everything crossed off my list.  So far I am up to a whopping $74.33 + sales tax $4.46 = a grand total of 78.79!  I have plenty left in case I do need to make any last minute gift purchases but I think I am good to go. 

I still have my baking to do but all my ingredients have been purchased and are in the pantry ready and waiting.  I was able to incorporate those items in with my regular grocery budget so no additional expenses there.  I am ready for baking day too.  That is one of our favorite parts of Christmas. 

How are you doing with your budget this year?

4 comments:

  1. Wow. You're incredible!! I've spent far more than you... but under budget for the year. :) Next year we're cutting back, way back.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...