Friday, December 21, 2012

Super Simple Pumpkin Spice Cake


My contribution to our Bunco Christmas party last week was a spiced pumpkin bundt cake.  A new recipe to try out on all my friends.  It got good reviews so I thought I’d better share. 

Pumpkin Spice Cake 

1 box yellow cake mix
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 c. water
1/3 c. canola oil
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp. nutmeg 

Combine all ingredients and whisk until thoroughly mixed.  Pour into well greased and floured bundt pan.  Bake at 350° for 55 minutes until cakes springs back at the touch.  Cool cake for 10 minutes.  Turn out onto plate or rack and cool cake completely. 

Glaze 

1 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla 

Combine ingredients until smooth.  Drizzle over cooled pumpkin cake. 

I decorated the top of the cake with a few fake poinsettia blooms I had leftover from another project to dress it up and make it look festive.

1 comment:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...